Forums

Help › Forums

COMMUNITY CALENDAR

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 24 2009 1:23 AM (9 replies)
  • gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 10:34 AM

Welcome to the first Community Calendar presented by gaoerfuqiu. I created this because it is obvious that there are too many tournaments in the Community-Organized Tournaments forum to keep track of. This is meant to be used for you the WGT player to find tournaments that they’d like to sign up for. I have lots of great ideas for this, as well as for tournaments of my own, and I put a lot of time and effort into this, so please enjoy and use accordingly!

---*** The below tournaments have no affiliation with World Golf Tour or its trademarks.***---

2009 WGA Tour:

Ø  a 19-week series of 27-hole tournaments ending with the WGA Cup for players ranked 10-50 and the WGA Grand Slam for players ranked 1-10, finally culminating with a head-to-head match between the WGA Cup champion and the WGA Grand Slam champion

Ø  currently playing The Wyndham Championship (August 20-23, played on Kiawah Island Front 9 and Back 9)

Ø  one tournament has been completed, The PGA Championship (August 13-16) – JALAII (-8), champion, CoolSwing (-7), runner-up, PigKiller (-5), third place

current status: sign-ups are closed for the 2009 WGA Tour season, The Wyndham Championship in progress (current leader: no one)

organizer: RyanSelwyn

link: 2009 WGA Tour

Single Elimination Bracket:

Ø  a single-elimination draw of 24 people, pros and masters alike, playing in match-play format over 18-hole rounds on Bethpage Black

current status: sign-ups have closed, the draw has not yet been created

organizer: EllisSpice, formerly ARod007

link: Single Elimination Bracket

2009 New York Invitational:

Ø  a single-elimination draw of 6 pros and 6 masters playing in separate draws, with a Pro Tier winner and a Master Tier winner, playing 18-hole rounds on Bethpage Black

current status: the tournament has been officially completed, congratulations to TW1432, Pro Tier winner, and ChrisCrosby, Master Tier winner, as well as nh1977, Pro Tier runner-up, and lvetri, Master Tier runner-up

organizer: TW1432

link: 2009 New York Invitational

The People’s Open

Ø  a stroke play tournament consisting of three 9-hole rounds and then one 18-hole round on Bethpage Black with a cut after two rounds for those not within ten strokes of the leader

Ø  current leaderboard in the middle of the fourth round: 1. jakestanfill7 (-6), 2. ChrisCrosby (-5), 3. cobra4 (+1) 3. JtXpress (+1), 5. PigKiller (+2), 6. nh1977 (+4), 6. lvetri (+4), 8. Jiggs445 (+5), 9. jasondement (+6), 10. MyNadsItch (+8)

current status: the fourth round is currently being played, with jakestanfill7 looking to hold off ChrisCrosby for The People’s Open title

organizer: scummings

link: The People’s Open

The 2009 Moosehead Beer Team Challenge

Ø  a team challenge in which two players are randomly paired as a team to play other teams in a single-elimination draw of 32 teams (16 for Master Tier and 16 separate ones for Pro Tier); the combined scores of one team on 18 holes of Kiawah Island are compared to the combined scores of another team to decide the winner

current status: sign-ups are still open, with six Master Tier spots and nine Pro Tier spots still available

organizer: mfandrews

link: The 2009 Moosehead Beer Team Challenge

Slor Mini-Tour Tournament No. 4: Kiawah Island 54-Hole Strokeplay

Ø  the Slor Mini-Tour is a series of tournaments that runs throughout the whole summer

Ø  Tournament No. 4 is a 54-hole tournament that takes place over three rounds at Kiawah Island in multiplayer mode, with threesomes playing for the first two rounds and twosomes for the final round (no cut line)

current status: sign-ups have closed, pairings have been made for the first two rounds, the first two rounds must be completed by Aug. 31

organizer: slor

link: slor minitour tournament no 4: Kiawah Island, 54 hole strokeplay

2009 TaylorMade Open

Ø  a stroke-play tournament consisting of four 9-hole rounds on the Back 9 of Kiawah Island, with eight masters and eight pros competing in separate sections, with twosomes being paired by the applicants themselves, and a cut taking place after two rounds

current status: sign-ups have closed, first two rounds being played

organizer: kyan

link: 2009 taylormade open

The 2009 Nike Player’s Championship

Ø  a head-to-head tournament with two sections, a 16-player Master Tier and a 16-player Pro Tier, playing 18 holes on Kiawah Island; the draw is made by having players starting with high letters (A, B, C, etc.) playing those with low letters (Z, Y, X, etc.)

current status: sign-ups have closed, have completed 2 ½ rounds in the Master Tier section and 1 ¾ rounds in the Pro Tier section

link: The 2009 Nike Player’s Championship

2009 Jose Cuervo Open

Ø  a 32-player head-to-head tournament, with 16 pros and 16 masters in separate tournaments (culminating in a championship between the two sections’ winners and a third-place game between the sections’ runners-up) playing two 9-hole rounds on Bethpage Black Front 9

current status: the tournament has been nearly completed, congratulations to (8) southsideduc, overall and Pro Tier champion, and (13) lvetri, Master Tier champion; the third-place match has yet to be completed

link: 2009 Jose Cuervo Open at Bethpage (bracket style tourney)

Titleist ProV1 Players Championship

Ø  a 16-player match play tournament randomly mixing in pros and masters, in which players play each other on the front 9 of Kiawah Island

current status: sign-ups have closed, the first round has yet to be completed with three matches still pending

organizer: WhiteTee

link: Titleist ProV1 Players Championship

2009 World Golf Team Best Ball Championship

Ø  a head-to-head tournament between 32 teams of two players in which both players post a score but the team uses only the lowest score and compares that against the other team

current status: sign-ups have closed, the draw has been made, nobody has begun their first round matches

organizer: ARod007

link: 2009 World Golf Team Best Ball Championship

The Starters Invitational Tournament

Ø  similar to soccer, players are split into eight groups of four and play a round-robin format, one round on Bethpage Black Front 9 and one round on Kiawah Island Back 9 (under specific conditions), against every other player – winning a match earns 3 points, tieing earns 1 point, and a loss earn nothing - with the top two players in each group advancing to the single-elimination stage, a 16-player tournament played with the same conditions until there is one champion in both the Master Tier section and the Pro Tier section

Ø  the catch for this tournament is that all players must use starter clubs as well as a standard white ball

current status: sign-ups have closed, the groups have been made, group matches have begun

organizer: coolswing

link: THE STARTERS INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT

World Golf League

Ø  a series of ten full tournaments and ten quick events culminating in a playoff similar to the PGA Tour’s FedEx Cup

Ø  full tournaments will be four rounds of 18 holes with a cut after two rounds for those not within 7 strokes of the leader or 10 strokes for tournaments with more than 40 players

Ø  quick tournaments will be one 18-hole round with varying conditions

Ø  the first tournament will be the Slazenger Open, played with the same conditions as a full tournament shown above

Ø  the first quick tournament will be the Diablo Shootout, played with the same conditions as a quick tournament shown above

current status: sign-ups have just opened for the Slazenger Open and the Diablo Shootout, closing on August 23 at midnight

organizer: scummings

link: World Golf League

Grey Goose Match Play

Ø  a head-to-head tournament with eight masters and eight pros

current status: sign-ups are still open

organizer: ARod007

link: Another Tournament from ARod007 “Grey Goose” Match Play Invitional

North American Challenge – The Playoffs

Ø players in North America are separated into different regions and play rounds in stroke-play tournaments on World Golf Tour – teams’ collective scores are compared and each week a different region is eliminated from the playoffs until one region is crowned the best region in North America

current status: Playoff Meet #2 is underway

organizer: nivlac

link: North American Challenge – The Playoffs

WGT Champions League

Ø  players choose a real football (American soccer) team from the UEFA Champions League and play as that team, playing matches head-to-head to earn points (3 for a win, 1 for a tie, 0 for a loss) and advance to the single elimination stage

current status: one quarterfinal match and one semifinal match needs to be completed

organizer: EllisSpice

link: WGT Champions League

American Tourney (Southern States)

Ø  formerly a team event between southern states, the American Tourney will be a stroke play head-to-head tournament with eight players played on the Front 9 of Bethpage Black

current status: sign-ups have closed, the draw has been set, the first round must be completed by August 24

organizer: b9898bob

link: American Tourney (Southern States)

---***All other tournaments have not had activity for at least two days.***---

NOTES: I would like to add a feature for the next update: reviews and ratings. From now on, please post a comment with reviews for tournaments YOU HAVE PLAYED IN. This means something like, “I give _________ four out of five stars because __________ and I really enjoyed it. I recommend playing in his/her tournaments.” Or something to a negative but constructive effect.

Also, I’m hoping that from now on, new tournaments will first send me a message or post on my wall before posting it in this forum. I’m sure this calendar will get a lot of publicity, so for those tournaments that would like more than just a few people, come to me first and I can spread the word and get more sign-ups for you. So thank you very much and stay tuned for the next update.

gaoerfuqiu – Calendar Commish

• WhiteTee
    34 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 11:00 AM

Wow this is great! Keep putting these out! Oh and I know the Titleist ProV1 Players Championship says 36 players but later in the post I changed it to 16 players sorry for the confusion.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 11:04 AM

Thank you WhiteTee. And if you ever run more tournaments, please come to me first and you'll get more than just 16 signups!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 12:12 PM

Good luck with this.  I stopped updating my Community Tournament Calendar because no one ever bothered to tell me anything.  =/

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 12:31 PM

For, erm, less info, click here. You don't have to, you know, because there is THIS list, and my list isn't as good, or detailed, but still...

I'm not very good at advertising, am I?

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 12:37 PM

Please, EllisSpice, give yourself some more credit. Just as I did, you took the time to list ALL of the community tournaments out there right now, and mind you there are way too many! And maybe you should work on your advertising skills ... uh, they're not, um, how do I say this, um, to put it nicely, THEY'RE NOT GOOD! But you'll learn.

And nivlac, I hope that people do respond to this, although it's quite possible my calendar will go the route that yours did, which by the way I used as a very helpful template for this (if you don't mind). I want the robots here on WGT to bend to my overwhelming will and do whatever I tell them to do without question.

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2009 5:49 AM

Great job Gaoerfuqiu ! Thanks for taking the time to list all the community tourneys.  May i make a suggestion that you included a link to each of the tourney's post, that would be really convenient.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2009 9:14 AM

Thank you coolswing for your awesome suggestion. Actually I was going to link each one but I completely forgot about it. I'm working on it now.

gaoerfuqiu

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2009 9:29 AM

Outstanding job, gaoerfuqiu. This took some work, I know. I'll be checking here a lot.

Jeff

• gaoerfuqui69
    1 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 1:23 AM

thanks jeffdos924 im glad you like it.

RSS