Forums

Help › Forums

World Golf League

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 7 2009 9:35 AM (30 replies)
  • scummings
    56 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 9:03 AM

Well now that my first tournament is almost wrapped up (the peoples open) I want to move on to a greater event, the World Golf League. below are the basics of how things will go, more to be posted soon! It will officially start after the Peoples Open is finished. You can sign up for the world golf league if you wish, but you dont have to, anyone that signs up for any tournament within the league, will automatically be part of the World Golf League! ( the only requirement to make the playoffs would be to have been in at least one event!)

The World Golf League is designed to be a collection of golfing events played on the WGT online game. It will consist of 10 full regular season tournaments, and 10 quick events. A full tournament will consist of four 18 hole rounds, so 72 total holes, over roughly a weeks time. All full tournaments will be played using ranked rounds, to level the competition between tiers. Cuts will also happen after the second rounds, -7 from the leader or -10 from the leader in tournaments that have more than 40 players  The schedule will be announced as we go, only go avoid confusion and changes due to updates done by WGT or unforeseen delays. There will be plenty of time to sign up for each event after it is announced as opening.  Quick events will be single 18 hole rounds, with varying tee placement, wind and green speeds. ( these will be listed on a tournament by tournament basis. All tournaments will be played with 3-somes or 2-somes, to ensure to the best of ability fairness to all. Standings will be kept throughout the season, and points will be given for each event, and at the end of the season there will be a “playoff tournament” which will be a lot like the PGA fed ex cup. More details on that will be posted later. The pts will be given out much like the PGA fed ex cup as well, and are as follows.

Full tournaments:                                                                    Quick Events

1.   500                                                                                    1.   250

2.   300                                                                                    2.   150

3.   190                                                                                    3.   95

4.   135                                                                                    4.   70

5.   110                                                                                    5.   55

6.   100                                                                                    6.   50

7.   90                                                                                      7.   45

8.   85                                                                                      8.   43

9.   80                                                                                      9.   40

10. 75                                                                                      10. 37

11. 70

12. 65

13. 60

14. 57

15. 56

Soon I will hopefully have a website up to display everything better, but for now I will use the forums areas. The full schedule of events ( names ) will be posted soon. Each time I post a new event signup, I will also post it in this forum to state that it is now open. I hope this turns out to be a fun, competitive format, and all will enjoy. I hope to have some sort of trophy pictures to award ( place on the wall ) of the winners.

Any questions/concerns/suggestions please let me know! thanks

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 9:17 AM

Thanks a lot for this, scummings. You've come up with a great idea, just like RyanSelwyn. I hope that you put in more time and effort than RyanSelwyn. I will signup as a trial. Thanks again!

gaoerfuqiu - pro - about a 74

• scummings
    56 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 9:49 AM

Here is the tournament list for the league! as I said before, I am not putting dates to anything yet, and they will be posted as we go to avoid confusion or issue with things running into each other. I will attempt to have each tournament run roughly a week long ( from start to end) There will be only one full and one quick tournament running at the same time. Signups for the next scheduled tournaments will begin at the start of the 4th round of the previous tournament! ( this will be adjusted to work as well as possible!) I will open up registration for the first tournament, Slazenger Open, and the quick tournament Diablo Shootout in a little while, under 2 seperate forum threads, to keep things in order. Please only use this forum thread for questions/ comments / concerns etc about the actual league, not an individual tournament, use that tournaments forum section for that! thanks again!!

Regular Season Full Tournaments

1.  Slazenger Open

2. Adams Golf Classic

3. Nike Invitational

4. Callaway Shootout

5. Bethpage Championship ** entire tournament at BPB **

6. Odyssey Open

7. Cleveland Classic

8.  PING Open

9. The Island Championship ** entire tournament on the island **

10. Taylor Made Open

Regular Season Quick Tournaments

1. Diablo Shootout

2. Dymo Open

3. Burner Classic

4. Raw Distance Shootout

5. Crossover Classic  ** will be 9 holes on BPB and 9 on the island **

6. Puma open

7.  Footjoy Open

8. Maxfli mayhem

9. Bridgestone Shootout

10. Adidas Classic

• MyNadsItch
    119 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 10:17 AM

Im in Mynadsitch   Master 68.23

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 11:34 AM

this looks like a great idea ... great organized structure... simple with depth........ uh... and then opulent and weighty with seamless flavors of fresh citrus finished by an orange zest and a hint of minerality.

yeah i'm in.  TheSpaghettiKid  pro 69.39

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 11:44 AM

Good job Scummings, looks very interesting and fun.  I hope you'll get lots players participating, the more the merrier I guess ! Thanks and Keep up the good work man.

• dezorama
    38 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 11:49 AM

sign me up looks good pro 72.9

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 11:55 AM

Sign me up as well please. Now I've just got to go and cancel my 'membership' with the rival tour...

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 11:59 AM

Looks good. Can't comit myself to any tournaments over the next 2/3 weeks but if things go well I'll join when I can.

• scummings
    56 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 12:05 PM

seveking ( and everyone else too):

Yeah thats what I was going for... all tournaments will be open to everyone, and there is no requirement as to how many events must be played to make the "playoffs" ( ok, you must play in at least 1 of 20). At the end everyone will have a chance to win still, ( unless we get really big then I might cap it at 100, like the PGA does at 125)  but those loyal leaders will have a better shot to win, also like the PGA does.

thanks everyone so far for signing up... spread the word!

RSS