Forums

Help › Forums

Cheating software...but does WGT care?

Tue, Oct 6 2020 3:37 PM (82 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2020 6:41 AM

The only reason i see for people go to play the launcher on steam after 31/12, is if wgt stops the access to it's page for flash play. Till now we have been told that this ain't gonna happen and wgt will keep open the page. The whole flash thing is hilarious for just a simple reason. I don't need the latest flash version to play the game. I don't care either if adobe supports flash anymore. The old version i use is working extremely well and will continue in the future as well. As for the browsers...there are so many out there to chose.

The difference in gameplay between the two platforms is chaotic. So, i guess many many players will be staying on flash.

• EK2019
    36 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2020 10:35 AM

Sorry but can I find more information somewhere about this? I do not even know what steam is? Does it work for Macintosh as well? I would like to be prepared just in case Flash is no longer used here... Thank you!!

Eric

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2020 4:32 AM

maoriand1:

This thread has no sense. flash will be out of date soon and forfunally wgt is not going to give it a go with Html5...  When flash will be out of date people have to make a choise: Play by the launcher on steam or stop playing.  I just hope the vac system on steam will be active.  😉😉😉

you left out play on mobile.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2020 4:53 AM

EK2019:

Sorry but can I find more information somewhere about this? I do not even know what steam is? Does it work for Macintosh as well? I would like to be prepared just in case Flash is no longer used here... Thank you!!

Eric

Here is the Link for the Launcher: WGT Launcher

Here is the Link for the Steam WGT Game: Steam WGT

Yes it does work on Mac. You have to make an account on Steam and then download the game.

• Bowl64
    3,083 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2020 10:49 AM

Yiannis1970:

The only reason i see for people go to play the launcher on steam after 31/12, is if wgt stops the access to it's page for flash play. Till now we have been told that this ain't gonna happen and wgt will keep open the page. The whole flash thing is hilarious for just a simple reason. I don't need the latest flash version to play the game. I don't care either if adobe supports flash anymore. The old version i use is working extremely well and will continue in the future as well. As for the browsers...there are so many out there to chose.

The difference in gameplay between the two platforms is chaotic. So, i guess many many players will be staying on flash.

But does anyone know which browsers that will continue to support Flash? A lot of them won`t.

Cheers

Bjorn

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2020 11:58 AM

Bowl64:

But does anyone know which browsers that will continue to support Flash? A lot of them won`t.

Cheers

Bjorn

As I said under a different post, if you have a browser that works fine with flash, STOP updating it.  I believe all newer browsers will not allow flash to operate without jumping through hoops.

I use a ver 65.0.0.1613(32 bit) Torch for the forums,   Slimjet 3.1.1.0(64 bit) for game play with win7 and they both handle flash just fine.  In fact anywhere that needs flash to work I use Torch.

Win10 now that may be a different story, I have a custom built for gaming running Win10,  works fine for gaming, don't use it here, nor anywhere else,  I don't even have an email program running on it.

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2020 12:54 PM

Bowl64:

Yiannis1970:

Cheers

Bjorn

That's why we have the forum my friend Bjorn, to share these useful information. 

:)

• Bowl64
    3,083 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2020 3:07 PM

I know Yiannis, that`s why i asked :) All browsers i know of states they will stop supporting, or use, Flash at the end of 2020, question is will they be usable for WGT?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 7:32 AM

I have maxthon 4.4.8.1000. I shut off updating in the Task Scheduler and Deleted the MXUP.EXE in the program files.

I also have a Collection of Adobe Flash players in a folder. Sometimes we have to remove one that isn't working well and put the old one back in.

I'll probably get another browser and shut that off as well. Just as a precaution I will exclude them from scans as well. 

Can't do anymore than that.

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 7:34 AM

maoriand1:
    When flash will be out of date people have to make a choise: Play by the launcher on steam or stop playing

Once again I ask why are some players saying "Steam" or nothing????

WGT HAS their own launcher available ...and it is my belief "Flash" will live on a bit longer than most believe not EVERY browser in the world will drop flash ...Simply  put .....WGT is not the only company in the world running flash tons of other programs still rely on it...There  will be ways to access flash ...the only question is will WGT leave that version up and running for awhile post Dec 31st?? 

JD

RSS