Forums

Help › Forums

Inconsistent gimmie distances?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 10 2021 10:24 AM (8 replies)
  • GolfNomad
    299 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2016 9:15 AM

I've noticed (I play mobile) that there have been NUMEROUS times where a gimmie is given when the ball is 4-5 feet away?!  

• borntobesting
    9,622 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2016 10:28 AM

GolfNomad:

I've noticed (I play mobile) that there have been NUMEROUS times where a gimmie is given when the ball is 4-5 feet away?!  

No not 5 feet. 

This is from the new page the day gimmes were added to the game.

Hack and Amateur players can take a Gimme when the ball is within 4 feet of the hole, and Pro tier and higher players can take a Gimme when the ball is within 2 feet of the hole.

Hack and Amateur players (not in match play games)

• Stroke Play Practice/Ranked
    • Skins Practice/Challenge

Pro tier and higher players (not in ranked rounds or match play games)

• Stroke Play Practice
    • Skins Practice
  • jacksparrow44
    56 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2016 11:53 AM

Playing friends amateurs get up to around 8 ft gimmes, and I generally don't get given anything outside 2 ft.

I haven't really noticed from how far away you get a gimme in head to head matches. 

So it might have something to do with how far above or below another player you are.

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2016 5:57 PM

In Match play it depends on the course... Merion gotta be super close for a gimme, but say BPB or Andys 1 front pin, upto 5 feet

• borntobesting
    9,622 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2016 3:29 AM

MrFunnyWobbl:

In Match play it depends on the course... Merion gotta be super close for a gimme, but say BPB or Andys 1 front pin, upto 5 feet

In match play there are no gimmes. Gimmes and conceded putts are 2 very different things. Gimmes The player gives himself the putt if it is within the distance set by WGT for their tier.

In match play conceded putts based of what ever criteria you chose. you concede or give the putt to your opponent.

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2016 5:11 PM

borntobesting:

MrFunnyWobbl:

In match play there are no gimmes. Gimmes and conceded putts are 2 very different things. Gimmes The player gives himself the putt if it is within the distance set by WGT for their tier.

In match play conceded putts based of what ever criteria you chose. you concede or give the putt to your opponent.

ah ok 

I meant the latter

• digitalpci
    2 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2021 8:07 AM

My opponent was given an 8ft gimmie but I don't get them outside of 2 or 3ft.

I would probably keep playing this game if it was fair and the same for all.

Going back to Golden Tee

• BOZskills
    391 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2021 4:53 PM

According to your profile you're a hack. All hacks get the same gimme distance 8ft. and in. As you advance in tiers the gimme distances get  shorter. As far as golden tee goes,gl. Do you really think wgt cares?

• digitalpci
    2 Posts
    Fri, Dec 10 2021 10:24 AM

When I play the game it shows Level 38 Pro and if you view my profile it shows Level 16 Hack. My opponent received gimmies up to 8ft and I didn't receive them for 2ft. There are no gimmie's in Golf. It's a silly rule that IMO ruins an otherwise nice game.

RSS