Help › Forums

Rapture 7 iron

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 19 2009 10:41 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2009 10:59 PM

I hope u guys are fixing the rapture seven iron with this maintenance. 

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 4:17 AM

What's up with it buddy? I just bought these.

Sean

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 4:36 AM

They are great clubs, don't worry. Some users just say the 7 iron is hitting less than the advertized 145 yards on average. (Can't confirm this from my own experience; I like the Rapture club set just fine, and regularly enjoy beating folks playing with the TaylorMade clubs, thanks to my relying on the lower-risk Rapture clubs for tournament games, most notably the driver.)  

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 5:19 AM

Thanks for putting my mind at rest my friend.

Who's the very dignified looking chap in your picture, by the way?

Just curious, and I bet you've been asked a lot.

Sean

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 6:07 AM

That's the King of Pessimism himself in all his glory.   

By the way, I've just finished playing the back 9 at Kiawah where I had to shoot an approach shot with the Rapture 7 iron. The pin was 130 yards away, elevated & with 11 mph headwind. So, the iron 7 was the obvious choice, and it performed as expected, overriding the wind & securing GIR. (Perhaps the club has already been fixed if there was something wrong about it before.)

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 6:21 AM

Thanks for the information Faterson. You learn something every day on here, and the irony of your avatar - if indeed it was irony you were seeking to achieve - is no longer lost on me.

By the way, apologies to speedyschic. I appear to have inadvertently hijacked your original post. Hopefully Faterson's comments have helped in any case.

Regards to you both,

Sean

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 6:35 AM

bluescouse:
    the irony of your avatar - if indeed it was irony you were seeking to achieve - is no longer lost on me.

Speaking as a fellow hijacker, I'm not sure what exactly you may be alluding to here.    Well, probably not that important!

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 8:39 AM

Well I just assumed that you chose him as a representation of your own state of mind whilst your playing the game, i.e. pessimistic, and that my ignorance of who he was meant that your very witty (and ironic) choice of avatar was lost on me.

However you're right, it's not important. Sorry if I confused you.

Sean

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 9:29 AM

Hey blue

didnt mean to alarm you on the raptures. They are absolutely Awesome. I also just purchased the spider putter which allows me to be competitive in stroke play. Before, my putting was so horrible that I only played closest to the hole competitions. Well. within 4 hours, I went from a 77 average to a 66. Without help of the August International...  Anyway.. I guess I should have been more specific on the 7 iron. I originally heard of the "possible" problem from another post. I noticed that on one of the par 3's at bethpage ( i think the first par 3) it just comes up about 5-10 yards short which turns a putt that should be under 10 feet everytime into a putt mostly over ten feet due to trying to hit a 3/4 shot with a bigger club. Hope this clears things up!

Happy Golfing!

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 9:41 AM

Good Lord, that's an amazing improvement in such a short space of time - well done.

I bought the spider last weekend too, at the same time I bought the raptures, and I can't honestly say my putting has improved at all. I posted elsewhere on here today about a round I played yesterday  on Kiawah where I had 17 birdie putts and sunk just one of them!

Guess it's not always about what you have in your hand, but rather who's holding it. I am now resigned to the fact that I am just an awful putter and always will be (sob!).

Thanks for your reply and again, apologies if I changed the direction of your original post.

Sean

• PAGES
RSS