Forums

Help › Forums

SCOUNDRELS & WENCHES IN THE VALLEY

Sat, Sep 10 2016 7:25 AM (58 replies)
  • DufferJohn7
    3,459 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2016 12:05 PM

bencat:
    John represented his cc well and his fellow members should be proud of his efforts 

Ben is a true sportsman, fun matches but my butt will be sore until Tuesday!  Going to go have a sitz bath.

Having fun even when I don't hit 'em straight,

John

• pdb1
    23,443 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2016 1:45 PM

MGroza:

Nightnerd and me played only the front 9 becous hes dosent have time for all next Saturday we play the back 9

• pdb1
    23,443 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2016 1:48 PM

bencat:
    John who is not a duffer

You are right about that . 

Well played Bencat 

• pdb1
    23,443 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2016 5:16 AM

mrgain:
    Hi Paul just an update, I was due to play Billgrant over the weekend but apparently he had to work , so have arranged for next weekend now. I stayed up til midnight and as you know an old man needs his rest lol  Adios   Gordon.

Bill please keep in contact with Gordon . He is 80 yrs old . No special treatment but midnight ? Lol . 

Thanx 

Paul

• pdb1
    23,443 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2016 9:26 PM

IDK if all the match ups are communicating . But I think there is more behind the scenes communication than we know . We are usually the last to know . Lol . 

If the tournament needs to be extended to accommodate the schedules . That is fine and common . 

• TarheelsRule
    5,158 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2016 7:41 AM

My opponent, Dschom5 and I can't seem to hook up.

He is only available during the day and after 11 at night.   I've tried to stay online late to catch him but we have been unable to hook up.   I was online last night until WGT shut down the site at midnight but never got an invite.

I'm not sure what the deadlines are but we seem to be having problems getting a game in.

William

• pdb1
    23,443 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2016 4:41 PM

I am going to suggest that we all keep trying through the weekend . We can discuss this again on Monday . If by then all efforts have been exhausted . Then perhaps we can try switching match ups or whatever . Sound reasonable ?

• pdb1
    23,443 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2016 4:46 PM

IMHO efforts are being made by all . It is no secret that invites are a very difficult and frustrating task here in WGT . 

• pdb1
    23,443 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2016 4:57 PM

Almost daily I can just barely miss an invite . And sometimes spend the next 5 to 10 minutes PMing that player frantically trying to convey that yes I am available . Go ahead and retry . 

Maybe the next day get a reply . Sorry Paul maybe next time . 

And umpteen more scenarios . 

• SuperKanga
    3,628 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2016 9:15 PM

pdb1:
    IDK if all the match ups are communicating . But I think there is more behind the scenes communication than we know

I think that's true Paul.

Our members are probably communicating much more than it seems :))

I agree, of course, to extending the tournament if need be.

Time differences can really be a biatch in these things, so let's just roll with it.

On the plus side, new friendships have been forged, which is what these are all about, and that can never be a bad thing.

Rob :))

RSS