Forums

Help › Forums

BALL PURCHASE OPTION

Mon, Dec 28 2020 12:17 AM (24 replies)
  • Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2017 9:44 AM

Robert1893:
    In other words, if the cost of a sleeve were 450 credits, I bet they would make the cost of a single ball either 175 or 200 credits, rather than simply making it 150 credits. 

It would be a fair price in this case though, but don't see it being implemented either way.

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2017 1:53 PM

Vaibhav5viv:

Robert1893:
    In other words, if the cost of a sleeve were 450 credits, I bet they would make the cost of a single ball either 175 or 200 credits, rather than simply making it 150 credits. 

It would be a fair price in this case though, but don't see it being implemented either way.

+1

WGT would NEVER implement something that makes any sense.  You can rent a club...why not a ball OR offer a 1 ball purchase?  Simple greed is the answer...greed.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2017 2:24 PM

Vaibhav5viv:

I agree.

• sgd180
    52 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2017 2:37 PM

need more taylormade balls why have taken the lethal balls out n put tps in and chargering extra 50 credits for 1 dot on the meter not worth it

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2017 9:08 PM

sgd180:
    need more taylormade balls

Buy yourself some!

sgd180:
    why have taken the lethal balls out

No more contract I suppose - perhaps they are no longer in sale?

sgd180:
    not worth it

Don't buy them - your choice!

At last, some donations:

,,,,,....!!!!???? - your punctuation drawer looks empty!

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2017 11:17 PM

There are balls with better specs available for the same price.  I would guess not many players used the lethals for that reason..

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Mon, Aug 7 2017 8:23 AM

I think they were used by other players more than you would think. I've seen fmags use them in one of his youtube rounds. I've used them forever, I mix it up every once in awhile with the Nikes, but I play just as well with the lethals, only drawback is you lose some distance especially against head winds, as far as spin goes, I have no problems with controlling them  on the green.  Wgt seen a way to make a buck, if not, why not leave the lethals and just add the TPS's so there would at least be a choice? 

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Aug 7 2017 1:10 PM

DavStan:

I think they were used by other players more than you would think. I've seen fmags use them in one of his youtube rounds. I've used them forever, I mix it up every once in awhile with the Nikes, but I play just as well with the lethals, only drawback is you lose some distance especially against head winds, as far as spin goes, I have no problems with controlling them  on the green.  Wgt seen a way to make a buck, if not, why not leave the lethals and just add the TPS's so there would at least be a choice? 

Fair enough.... I just looked at Taylormade's website and I can't find the lethal balls listed anymore, so I am guessing they have been replaced with the TP5.  That would account for WGT removing them.

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2017 6:06 AM

Not to drag this thread out any further but the lethals are still available on Taylormade's website, so they should have left them available here as well. There are several more TM balls they could add for different options, maybe they are saving that thought for when they do away with the nikes.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2017 11:22 AM

DavStan:

Not to drag this thread out any further but the lethals are still available on Taylormade's website, so they should have left them available here as well. There are several more TM balls they could add for different options, maybe they are saving that thought for when they do away with the nikes.

Perhaps I missed them when I looked. I'm not that familiar with the TM ball lineup.  Since we will never know what, if anything took place between WGT and Taylormade, at this point speculation is futile.  Similar to the Oakmont fiasco.

RSS