Help › Forums

Ashwood GC - Apple Valley, CA

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 2 2016 12:21 AM (1 replies)
  • srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Mon, Aug 1 2016 8:55 PM

http://www.ashwoodgolf.com/

Played this one for the first time today. A very nice experience for a very nice price. Through GolfNow it was $11 for 18 holes and included cart.

The facility has 27 holes, with each 9 set up in a loop. Generally 18 holes utilizes 2 different 9s but there was a big tournament for them today so we were limited to playing the "Birch" 9 twice. To vary the 9s we played the white tees the first time, the blue tees for our back 9. Each 9 has a par of 32 or 33 with no par 5s.

Hospitality by the course employees is sensational. From the clubhouse staff to the young lady on the beverage cart to the course marshals to the groundskeepers they couldn't have made our interactions with them any more pleasant. They really pour on the customer service.

The course for the most part is in very good shape. Fairways are generous but challenging with a lot of fairway bunkers well placed. The greens were well watered, rolled true but actually slow compared to what we see all the time in the desert at this time of the year. A few of the par 3s are all carry over water but they are not outrageously long.

The way the course is laid out and the spacing of players is really conducive to a good pace of play. 18 holes took us 3:10 and we never felt rushed and we did not have to wait for any group in front of us with the exception of one tee shot on a par 3. 

The one drawback? The sand traps. The bunkers are almost all rocks. It appears the traps were just dug out of the desert and no clean sand was brought in to fill them.

Overall, just a fun day at a very reasonable price. I predict another round there in my near future, hopefully covering the other 9s.

• Kepone18
    196 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2016 12:21 AM

Hi Srellim.

I like reading your reviews of golf courses. Keep up the good work man! It's great to see that you can still play golf at a very reasonable price. $11 with a cart is an absolute steal.

RSS