Forums

Help › Forums

Thunderbird Invitational

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 25 2009 11:21 AM (8 replies)
  • thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 8:20 AM

After a little consolation with a few players.  This tournament is going to be delayed to November.  Sorry.

This tournament is by invite only.  It will be for the Top 50 players as ranked by Tall Ace Paul.  Rankings are available here Rankings .  If you are in the Top 50 you are welcome to join.  There will only be 50 spots and will take place after the finishing round of the NAC challenge. 

The first two rounds will be stroke play 18 holes.  The first two rounds will be week 36 and 37 - 18 hole single play.  After this it will be a cut to the top 16.  It will be then be an 18 hole match play tournament where the 1 seed and 16 seed will face off and so forth.  

The match play tournaments will take place over two weeks so expect to play four rounds in two weeks in this portion.

Additionally add your name to this post.

Thunder

• lilmike24
    185 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 1:14 PM

Good luck getting the best of of th those 50 players to play.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 2:24 PM

I'll throw my hat in the ring. Last rankings put me at  #25, though I'm not quite sure I deserve to be that high.

Jeff

Link to sign up didn't work, just took me to the Google page.

• ChrisCrosby
    243 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 10:52 PM

where do these rankings come from?

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 11:34 PM

i got the same question as chris

• lilmike24
    185 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2009 4:30 AM

they come from tallacepaul.Some of the people up there like some people on this post don't actually deserve it. Both you guys should be up there. Kaslo should be there.etc etc. I don't even look at them. no offenece paul. I know you go by your process.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2009 4:38 AM

ChrisCrosby:
    where do these rankings come from?

Posted previously:

TallAcePaul:
    These ranking figures are based on every 18-hole, single-play, free-to-enter tournament this year to date.

• thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2009 6:05 AM

This tournament is invitational which mean the hosts could extend invitations to those outside the top 50 based on play.  I will look at how players have been performing and extend invitations to those who have had high finishes outside the single play tournaments.  Might even do so the winners of any other community organized tournament will get an automatic bid.  I am very fair and will not overlook the top players on this site.  I am working on the details and will start another post.  The tournament name will be changed to the World Masters Invitational since I am looking at adding a few hosts to help me with logistics and formatting.

As a side note Lilmike24 I have a nice response from my friends that they would like to participate.  So be look forward to a much upgrade tournament coming in November. 

Warmest Regards to all. 

Thunderbird

• ChrisCrosby
    243 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 11:21 AM

Now that I'm on the board I'd love to play :)

RSS