Help › Forums

U.S. Open - Who will it be

Mon, May 8 2017 7:52 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • StephanieCA
    258 Posts
    Fri, Jun 17 2016 7:44 AM

Hi Y'all,

Happy Friday! So now for a little fun.....who will win the U.S. Open? Will it be your favorite? Or maybe the lonshot? And what about Spieth, McIlroy and Day - none of them are even in the top 40! One thing is for sure, all of the players are really good and as demonstrated in the past, anyone can win. I personally think Jason Day has a decent chance but today will be crucial. Now, who will be next to chime in.......

Muah - Steph

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Fri, Jun 17 2016 3:55 PM

Dustin's turn, finally-is my call. He isn't taking the lead and blowing it on the 72nd hole again this year!

• ReisR
    341 Posts
    Fri, Jun 17 2016 3:56 PM

Here is a very easy prediction. Rory McIlroy will continue to putt terribly and strike the ball as someone whose mind is somewhere else. He has a very good chance to repeat what he already has done this year in the PGA tour: - To be the worst putter in the field and miss the cut. He will then be interviewed and say, in an unconvincing way, he had given away to many soft shots and that he had just a bad day.

• Kepone18
    196 Posts
    Sat, Jun 18 2016 12:06 AM

The way DJ is striking the ball, it's hard to look past him. He turned a 65 into a 69 yesterday because he just couldn't buy a putt on the front 9. Mind you, he has a poor record when it comes to closing out majors.

Hopefully Oosty can make a charge like he did last year at Chambers, otherwise I will be rooting for DJ to finally get the monkey of his back ! 

• MsErato
    14 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2016 2:32 AM

Kepone18:

The way DJ is striking the ball, it's hard to look past him. He turned a 65 into a 69 yesterday because he just couldn't buy a putt on the front 9. Mind you, he has a poor record when it comes to closing out majors.

Hopefully Oosty can make a charge like he did last year at Chambers, otherwise I will be rooting for DJ to finally get the monkey of his back ! 

Monkey off back!!

Pleased that Dustin won - especially after the farcical way that the USGA acted in the grounding putter/address/ball movement matter on the 5th hole which led, incorrectly, to him having a shot deducted. They will definitely have to review their procedures to ensure that technology is used to deliver a ruling before the player is asked to continue with the putt before moving onto the next hole.

Could you imagine if there was an incident in Soccer/Football if there was a doubt about whether the ball crossed the goal line and instead of the referee making an immediate decision, he tells players both sides that they will be informed after the final whistle blows when the result of goal line technology is advised to both teams. A shambles.

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2016 9:41 AM

Monkey free! Well done, DJ. Even free of the monkeys that comprise the USGA. That 6 iron into the 18th was quite the statement, wadn't it. 

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2016 3:42 PM

90/1 each way on slim Jim......so done me nicely

Bit bland the course, Sawgrass type courses for me im afraid, although i did like Chambers.

• Cosmic19
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2017 12:35 PM

Thank You so Much

best of luck

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2017 1:40 AM

Well that was worth joining WGT for?

• igolfdoyou1
    896 Posts
    Mon, May 1 2017 1:22 AM

It will be Mickey Mouse with a candle stick in the billiard room ;)

• PAGES
RSS