Forums

Help › Forums

what do you guys think of players who disconnect if they dont make a birdie on the game's first hole?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 7 2009 1:31 PM (38 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 3:53 AM

Democratic procedures aren't feasible in each and every situation, I'm afraid. It would be difficult to get a representative proportion of site users to submit their votes on the issue. Only a fraction of site users visit these forums, I'm sure; and the worst, habitual quitters probably aren't among them.

As another example, if you organized a nation-wide referendum on whether taxes should be abolished, the response would be an overwhelming YES. And the state would collapse the week afterwards.

So, I think WGT staff should do what is reasonable. Since the proposed small penalties for multi-player quitters can't really harm anyone, but can potentially only benefit the game, it is my hope that one or several of those penalties will be implemented soon by WGT.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 4:50 AM

Mulligans.......I hate them but it may be a solution.....Have a 'mulligan' button but if you use it your round changes to unranked. Also you would have to limit the amount of times you could use it a round. I personally don't like mulligans they are a made up thing by people that want to write down fake scores on there scorecards to stroke their egos but it may be a solution and cut down on the quitting.  IMO

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 5:17 AM

I'm afraid mulligans wouldn't help in halting quitters. (I'd very much welcome unlimited mulligans in single-player practice rounds, though.)

The resaon is that the typical quitter quits because he/she wants to lower their average score ASAP, and practice rounds wouldn't help them achieve that. So they would quit right away, as they do now. Which is why one of the proposed penalties for multi-player quitters is to forcibly turn their next ranked round into a practice round, which would foil their original intentions. (Also any sandbagger's intentions.)

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 5:43 AM

I know this is offtopic but ya mulligans in practice would be great.....it really would be practice

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 11:39 AM

Faterson:

Democratic procedures aren't feasible in each and every situation, I'm afraid. It would be difficult to get a representative proportion of site users to submit their votes on the issue.

Read:  Most of the players who play this game don't give a purple rat's ass about quitting.  A vote would only prove that.

• Futures
    79 Posts
    Sat, Aug 22 2009 4:45 PM

Message to Faterson:

Faterson: It wold be very unfair to penalize people for.....I won't even say quitting, I will say leaving a game.  There are hundreds of real life issues that occur that may force someone to leave.  Should someone be penalized, as you say, if they must leave because their house is on fire?  Well, you say some small penalty. Well, if it's that small, then forget even giving one. 

The ONLY thing that needs to be done is this:   A stat that shows percentage of games not finished, then YOU can decide whether to play with that person or not.  And that is really the best option. 

YOU CAN'T START PENALIZING PLAYERS, BECAUSE MANY OF THEM SIMPLY ARE NOT QUITTING BUT MAY HAVE COMP PROBLEMS, REAL EMERGENCIES....ECT. 

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2009 2:13 AM
  • gadzuks
    44 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 1:20 PM

SNAIKE........where did you get the beating a dead horse smiley?...i love it..

• GSpinks1962
    106 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 2:38 PM

It seems that someone has broken the pact. Has the challenge ended?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 2:51 PM

The challenge still holds, as you can see 2 posts above yours.  

RSS