Forums

Help › Forums

THE STARTERS INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT

Thu, Sep 10 2009 9:15 PM (201 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 12:35 PM

Round robin = everyone in a group plays everyone else in the same group.

• Dharrison
    20 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 12:46 PM

Cheers =)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 1:34 PM

Don't forget the ever-popular Red Robin , where you can get a killer burger.  ;-)

/offtopic

• Dharrison
    20 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 1:54 PM

Didnt realise is was mostly master players should have checked the list 1st

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 2:16 PM

Cool what a roster man. This tourney is gonna be a great time. You're doing a great job. Orginazation is a must in any tourney. You and niv do a great job at keeping tourneys running smooth! Thanks cool for putting this together.

• TTIIMM62
    37 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 5:14 PM

So a round robin is you play each player in your group one on one, total your  twentyseven holes, two lowest scores move to next round?

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 6:45 PM

No Ttiimm62.  In your group you play a MATCH against every player in the group once, with each win worth 3pts, a draw is 1 point and 0 pt for losing a match.  It's a similar format to the FIFA World Cup.

In a match here, it is stroke play so the lower combined scores of 2 x 9-holes is the winner, slightly different to matchplay where the player who won the most holes win.  You could end up with a tie and that will be recorded as a drawn match, no playoff or extra holes required.  When we come to the knockout phase sudden-death extra holes will be played to the determine a winner.

I hope that you are clear on the format we are using here.  Please be patient I will announce more details after I close the sign up.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 4:21 AM

Coolswing, you might perhaps want to update the title of this tournament (and forum thread) to Starters Invitational Tournament, instead of Tour Starters Invitational Tournament, to reflect the new situation? (Same goes for tournament logo in the opening post.)

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 11:30 AM

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THE LATEST TOURNAMENT UPDATE ON PAGE 1

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 8:56 PM

Thank You coolswing for this tourney.! Im sure it will be fun! Cant wait! You're doing a good job. This tourney is very unique because everyone plays with the same clubs! Very interesting, coolswing! I like it! lol

RSS