Forums

Help › Forums

THE STARTERS INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT

Thu, Sep 10 2009 9:15 PM (201 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 7:36 AM

I would imagine it would lag... And an 18-hole game may take up to 2 hours of play or more, so it would be quite a longish recording. Probably not practicable for the moment.  

• iowankid
    57 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 8:50 AM

WOW!  What a great tourney.  I enjoyed the new friends that I made and the great challenge of playing with those aweful clubs and that terrible ball...lol.  Thanks to all of the players who have taken time to submit summaries of their matches, I have enjoyed reading them all.

It has been interesting to see how well the people have done.  I have been suprised by some of the wins and some of the loses.  I am truely impressed by the level of sportsmanship that all have shown. 

Thanks Cool Swing and partners for all of your hard work and support in running a top notch competition.  I cant wait to see how it all ends.

Best of Luck to the Finalists in both the Pro ands Master ranks, you deserve this stage.  Relax, enjoy, and play well. 

Rich

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 9:11 AM

AND THEN THERE WERE 2 ......

First ... Coolswing deserves  a huge THANK YOU  for setting up & running a very well organized ( and different ) tournament. I was only in for a couple of rounds, but sure had fun while I was in.

Congrats to both Lee & Zant  and best of luck to both of you in the final.  Gather up your mashies & niblicks.. and go knock the stuffing out of those featheries .

Jeff

P.S. .. And Lee? .. don't forget to switch back from the Starters when you're done ...lol.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 9:46 AM

Hi everybody, just letting you know that I have contacted both AvatarLee and Zant in the hopes that we can play in a three-some and I can put commentary on the WGT Ladders meet & greet chatroom. Zant has written back saying he was a little worried about lag issues but was okay with going with it, but I haven't heard back yet from AvatarLee. If everything works out, I will post on here with the date and time of the match so that anybody who wants commentary can go on and see the commentary. I was thinking of doing a live feed but I don't know how ... any ideas? If not then hopefully I can still give you guys commentary. Congrats to Zant and AvatarLee, and great job to Coolswing for the wonderful tournament, as well as a good job to everyone who participated (including myself - remember me? 0 and three?). Comments appreciated, and if this works out please watch the commentary!

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 10:15 AM

gaoerfuqiu won't it be better if either lee or zant or both talked to you on speaker phone giving you a running commentry so that you could type updates without you having to play with them. maybe if it works we could have as live commentary on comps like the ryder cup. would skype work just a suggestion. i'm not really up on comms so has anyone got any other ideas

• zant
    319 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 1:37 PM

Hello everyone.I have to reject gaoerfuqiu offer due to lags.My game is running a bit choppy even when i play along,really don't want to take a risk of the lags ruined my final game in this very nice tournament.I hope you all understand why i don't want to do it that way.Thanks for effort gao. 

Also thanks everyone you interest in our final round,i don't know if Lee can capture our game on video somehow,i don't have any efficient way of doing it. So as it is for now, ether me or Lee will try to write the best review, of this final game,as possible.

Thanks again.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 3:10 PM

Well it was a worth a try. If anyone wants to play a match with an audience, probably for a tournament of some sort, I can join in and give live commentary as described in my latest post. Good luck to Zant and AvatarLee as they battle in the finals in what has been a very well-organized, well-run, and very interesting tournament.

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 3:41 PM

Good luck to all finalist!

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 5:46 PM

Great game guys way to make it to the end. Thanks again Cool for  a job well done

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 5:51 PM

HMMMMMM......

Well since both of you clobbered me in this tourney.....who do I want to win......I am not picking a person, I think you are both great and may the best man win!!!!

Pretty cool that we were all grouped up, shoulda known it would come down to the 2 of you......

Good Luck and great tourney Cool!!!

RSS