Forums

Help › Forums

THE STARTERS INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT

Thu, Sep 10 2009 9:15 PM (201 replies)
  • Zippy-Pivot
    257 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 6:52 PM

Wow............gone for a week and missed some of the most exciting games of the tourney!! Thanks for the opportunity to play in this tourney, Coolswing. It was a change of pace and definitely a challenge. Enjoyed it...............Zippy!!

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 10:26 PM

Tuesday 5th of September

This is it folks, after 62 matches, 1 round robin group play and 3 knockout rounds, we're down to the one big match of the tournament ! Who will prevail and walk away with the Starters Tournament Trophy ? It's the mother of all battles, a clash of all time, it's the WGT version of David & Goliath ! Keep in tune for the result of a great match.

VENUE -  Front 9 Kiawah Island & Back 9 Bethpage Black

TIME -  Any time between today and midnite on Thursday 10th of September.

ALL PLAYERS ARE WELCOME TO POST A MESSAGE TO SHOW SUPPORT FOR THEIR FAVOURITE PLAYER ! GOOD LUCK GENTLEMEN ! BRING ON THE BIG MATCH ! 

KNOCKOUT PHASE SCHEDULE

KNOCKOUT PHASE SCHEDULE - PRO

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 12:37 AM

Thank you very much Coolsewing for setting up this tourney it was been alot of fun. Well done yesterday Lee and well played. (I just couldnt get going to give you a good game which slightly disappointed me.

We had some weird winds on the way in though, arrow pointing one way wind blowing the other, never seen that before.

Well done everyone for a great tourney.

• scott13570
    76 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 12:39 AM

just a thaught.

would it be possible for either 1 off u to set it up on a web cam or video to record the match and post it on here or u tube i'm sure out off all the games played in this tourney 90% + would love to watch it and eny 1 els on WGT . if not a big massive good look to bothe ov u and big respect to coolswing 4 an awsume tourney.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 1:43 AM

I agree this should be YouTube-d!    Good luck to both & thanks to everyone (esp. Coolswing) for the great tourney!

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 2:21 AM

Quality comp Coolswing well done hope you have another one soon. Well done to the finalists anybody who can use the starters well has my respect. To me it felt like i was trying to hit a stone with a piece of 4 by 2 lol.

MAY THE BEST MAN WIN

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 4:00 AM

Great Tournament Mr. Swing ... Just Great ... even though I sucked like a newborn on a bottle.  I'm sure everyone had fun playing with those clubs before they threw them in the lake on Kiawah #17.   Good luck to the finalists.   I just hope something near Par wins.

By the way Coolswing .. you did a great job running this tourney.   Do another soon.  Maybe next time we can use a baseball bat, a hoe, a shovel and a pool cue.    :) ....

• badaboom
    238 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 4:36 AM

Wow Cool, I love the pic in the new banner! roflmao.... Good luck to the remaining gladiators(er sumo wrestlers?) ! Since televising this epic match is probably impossible how bout the 2 combatants and any1 who wants to know whats going on head over to the meet/greet room  of the wgt ladder site and we can all get a blow by blow account of the match. It would be like listening to the radio like they did back in the day of a major fight! Just give us the time and date of the match, Ill make the popcorn!!!( Cool can you bring the refreshments?)

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 5:04 AM

Sounds like a great idea BB, all of us lounging around listening to the big fight and good old cool will put on a free beers for all drink till you drop party ! lol ! 

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 7:29 AM

I know for something you just get for Firefox, which records what you are doing on the screen while it is on. However, I can't remember what it was called, and I think (the one time I tried it) the computer lags like hell.

RSS