Forums

Help › Forums

THE STARTERS INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT

Thu, Sep 10 2009 9:15 PM (201 replies)
  • TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 3:57 AM

Hi cool there is no way I can play by the 30th, seems a bit tight a deadline after having to wait almost 2 weeks for others to complete the last round.

I wont be able to play until next thurs or friday can I have an extension until then?

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 9:21 AM

Saturday  29th of August

PLEASE READ THE LATEST UPDATE ON THE 1ST PAGE OF THIS THREAD

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 9:36 AM

Ah, we can only regret WGT does not offer any Spectator Mode yet. Watching a playoff game like Nivlac vs. BolloxInBruges would no doubt be a thrill & a learning experience for many of us less skillful players!

(PS: I wonder which course will be used if a sudden-death shootout is necessary.)

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 9:40 AM

U say about Spectator mode, I'm currently setting up a boxing-style tourney with someone else, and that would be great for it...

I hope the people at WGT are listening to this...

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 9:44 AM

EllisSpice:
    U say about Spectator mode [...]. I hope the people at WGT are listening to this...

Rather unlikely, I'm afraid!    (Especially in this forum subsection with its plethora of community-organized tournaments, although this one is exceedingly well managed.)

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 2:38 PM

Pro group A Result

Cobra4       36-34=70

Scoresby   35-37=72

Steady start on the front 9 on Kiawha,with Scoresby taking a 1 shot lead going into B/P back 9.10th hole bad start for me recording a bogie giving Scoresby a 2 shot lead.2 par's followed on 11&12 then Scoresby through the gauntlet down birdying 13&14,i also birdied 14 giving him a 3 shot lead.15th hole i made par (woop woop) with Scoresby dropping a shot.Then all hell broke loose,a pulled shot in to the greenside bunker on 16 for me  giving me a 20yd shot to the pin,i approached the ball hit it ,and bingo straight in for birdy,a dropped shot from Scoresby levelled the match.Last 2 holes my playing partner went into a meltdown bogying 17&18,i made 2 par's giving me a very tight victory.

Great game & great playing partner in Scoresby ...Thanx

• badaboom
    238 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 3:53 PM

Last night  badaboom  squared off against tourney host coolswing. A titanic struggle ensued with both players nipping at each others heels. After nine holes on kiaweh coolswing was in the lead by one stroke. On to the back 9 at bethpage with both players matching par for the first four holes. While I was missing some birdy chances cool was playing in the sand on almost evry hole but redeeming himself with some spectacular sand saves(btw when you talk to him ask him if he still has sand in his shorts!)! Well there had to be an end to this epic match as going into last hole we were all even. Cool(or do I call you Lawrence of Arabia?) put his approach shot again in the sand and was unable to save par while I 2 putted for par and the victory. I just want to thank lawrence i mean coolswing for organizing a gr8 tourney. Its always a pleasure playing you cool , you truly are a gentleman!  omg avatar or paul next I think i am going to get sick!!!!!!

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 6:28 PM

Thanks BB for your kind words and a great match.  I've said at the start that Badaboom is a real tough nut to crack and he proved me right as he played a very consistent round without being spectacular like the King of sand pits here ! Man I can't remember the last time I spent so much time in the sands like I did in my round against BB who was coasting a long in cruise control mode by hitting all the fairways and greens.  I have to say that I put the blame solely on Zippy-Pivot who have casted a wicked curse on my game using some kind of Jamaican voodoo magic ! lol.  Congrats to Badaboom for a well played match and best of luck to him as he advances to the Quarter-final where he'll meet the winner of the match between AvatarLee and Paulmcm.  

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 8:12 PM

Thanks Cobra4, fine round.

I really thought I had it till you asked me, "Do you ever slip up"?  Immediately it all went straight to my head and slip up I did......lol...four consecutive bogeys to close the day.  ooooooppphhhh.

Solid, fun round, Mr C., Thanks,

Cheers,

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2009 9:42 AM

To my next opponent  "Do you ever slip up " ?. Coz if you do.......   

RSS