Forums

Help › Forums

THERE HAS GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY

Thu, Jan 28 2021 6:30 AM (80 replies)
  • pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2016 9:48 PM

Lol . For your information . " The 5 second invite " is the title of the same topic that i wrote a long article for my CC about around a year and a half ago . It refers to any amount of time that would not give one enough time to accept . 

I always admit when i am wrong andyson . Always . Again you have no clue what you are talking about . All I did was clarify it for your comprehension . No back pedaling going on . 

Anyone else reading it completely understands . As I know you do too . It is so ridiculous for you to continue to try and discredit me . Especially on something like this . i mean do you know how stupid you look ? 

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2016 9:57 PM

ct690911:
    Paul...you are attributing a quote to me that I didn't make...please amend.

Done . Who can tell anymore . 

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2016 10:03 PM

ct690911:
    ps: aren't you getting a bit tired of this never ending back and forth?...I have my share of critics as well, but generally I can wrap it up in a few posts. 

More than tired of it . It is sad and pitiful and embarrassing . Never ending , exhausting and ridiculous . 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2016 10:08 PM

pdb1:
    For your information . " The 5 second invite " is the title of the same topic that i wrote a long article for my CC about around a year and a half ago . It refers to any amount of time that would not give one enough time to accept . 

Remember, we only know what you're writing, not what you're saying!

I'm sure it was a long article too.

Mine woulda been shorter. "Give folks a couple of minutes to accept."

What's stupid is is leaving your available light on while you're off doing something else so you miss invites then blaming the system.

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2016 10:54 PM

andyson:
    What's stupid is is leaving your available light on while you're off doing something else so you miss invites then blaming the system.

You just can't resist opening a can of worms . Yes the system that we currently have is faulty . We , me , you the players are faulty . The mix isn't good and anyone that says it works fine is either an andyson or they have never used it . 

andyson:

For myself , when I am engaged in other tasks . i would be remiss to place myself unavailable . As I would not want to miss the possibility to accept a rare invite . Yes many of the invites that could be missed are ones that I may never get a chance to play again .

I used to keep friends list at over 700 for fear that i would miss that rare invite from a long lost friend ( WGT friend ) which really amounts to thousands . 

But when i started a CC . It became more important to me to keep my friends list under the Magic 255 to enable PM's for all of my members . 

Along with the chance that i would forget to change my status back from unavailable . Which happens every time . Thus possibly missing more important invites . There is no chance that i am going to purposely change my status to anything other than available . People do not come online because I am green . But they do invite when they are online because I am green . I try not to miss them . But it happens . I think as I have mentioned there could be some improvement in the way we are notified . Like simply an icon at the top and bottom of the page . Or a pop up notification stating that a member is currently inviting .

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2016 11:24 PM

andyson:

Is not shorter than " The 5 second invite " .

• reddevil16
    273 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2016 7:08 AM

pdb1:

andyson:

Is not shorter than " The 5 second invite " .

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2016 8:14 AM

pdb1:

andyson:

You just can't resist opening a can of worms .

Hello?  McFly? You opened the can two weeks ago with your original post!  Did you forget?

pdb1:
    Yes the system that we currently have is faulty .

It works well enough for thousands of us to enjoy multi-player games every day.

In this thread, you've been given a couple of methods on how other players are able to multi-task while their status is available and not miss invites.  You've rejected those methods since you can't adapt and change how you work.

You say you wrote a long CC post called "5 second invites" which was all about giving enough time to answer invites.  I'll bet that was triggered by you missing invites and contained a lecture from you to your CC members on how they need to change and adapt when inviting you.

The fact is if one misses several invites from the same person you'll get less, if any, invites from that person in the future.  It's human nature, the old saying: "Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice shame on you.".

You want WGT to spend resources enhancing a system that works for thousands of players but not you.  While there are more serious. real problems that affect everyone needing WGT's attention.

You're tilting at windmills again.  It's not a big problem.  It's not something we want WGT messing with, we don't need invites broken again like in July of last year.   Deal with it like the rest of us do.

That sums it up for me.  Go ahead, make your long post telling me I'm wrong, call me names, like you always do, whatever.  I'm done talking to a brick wall on this thread.

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2016 9:52 AM

I respectfully ( why i do not know ) disagree again andyson . Big surprise

andyson:
    In this thread, you've been given a couple of methods on how other players are able to multi-task while their status is available and not miss invites.  You've rejected those methods since you can't adapt and change how you work.

Actually have tried both suggestions . They were more of a nuisance after a while .

andyson:
    You say you wrote a long CC post called "5 second invites" which was all about giving enough time to answer invites.  I'll bet that was triggered by you missing invites and contained a lecture from you to your CC members on how they need to change and adapt when inviting you.

It was written long before I myself ever had a problem with the missed invites . But rather in response to a few CC members that had been experiencing this problem and had PMed me about it . 

andyson:
    You want WGT to spend resources enhancing a system that works for thousands of players but not you.  While there are more serious. real problems that affect everyone needing WGT's attention.

There definitely many and much more priorities for WGT to concentrate on in which " valuable resources " would be better utilized . If a programmer or a tech had to do much more than add a few codes to enable 1 more notification . It wouldn't happen anyway . Just like dozens and hundreds of other suggestions that have been submitted over time that would improve all kinds of failed programs here in WGT. 

We all know and I know that customer service is not part of what we get here . If it does not generate mega revenue . It will never be on any list . Even revenue producing programs are only introduced half assed . The CLASHES for example . They just opened the flood gates and all hell broke loose . That program is seriously flawed . They will never fix it or touch it . But it will remain as a top revenue producing event . 

I only wish the multimedia messaging programs could be repaired and upgraded . Dream only of owners tools working properly . But they would cost mega bucks to repair . and so would all the other glitches and work a rounds we are so accustomed to . Not gonna happen . I'm not fooling myself . I have made other viable suggestions that i know will never even be considered . Like the colored icon for each member . To activate green if that member wanted to receive invites from other CC's . To stay red if that member does not want to receive invites from other CC's . Irregardless of whether that member belongs or does not belong to a CC . Completely their right and choice . Reasonable suggestion . i am sure very low cost and limited admin work to add to a members profile . But it will never happen . 

Nothing much in the way of improving anything will be seen here . Look at all the clusters of inactive profiles and CC's that they could do something about . Also allowing CC owners to compile thousands and thousands of stagnant pending members lists . Between all that . no system can run properly without periodic cleaning and clearing . They don't do it . They don't stress to us that we should do it , we don't do it . it's a mess andyson .

andyson:
    You're tilting at windmills again.  It's not a big problem.  It's not something we want WGT messing with, we don't need invites broken again like in July of last year.   Deal with it like the rest of us do.

Speak for yourself andyson . We do  want WGT to mess with anything they feel like upgrading , improving , updating to this century state of the art . We don't want to just deal with it like you are suggesting . We will likely walk away and let this site disappear into oblivion if we are asked to just deal with too many more things andyson . 

i know none of that will happen . I just write this stuff to give you something to do . 

Your welcome BTW . 

andyson:
    It works well enough for thousands of us to enjoy multi-player games every day.

Yes it barely works well enough for us to enjoy multiplayer rounds everyday . I am one who has 50 % of my rounds 3 and out in disconnects . I enjoy the complete rounds . I  also enjoy the 4 or 7 or 8 holes I play before disconnection  . But it's not right and I'm not going to say " leave well enough alone ". 

Will it ever end CT ? 

• ct690911
    6,387 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2016 10:09 AM

This thread reminds me of the Hatfields and McCoys...I've no idea who ultimately won that one either...only that it never seemed to end...lol

RSS