Forums

Help › Forums

THERE HAS GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY

Thu, Jan 28 2021 6:30 AM (80 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2016 12:11 PM

pdb1:
    The resized second window , The split screen . Are very inconvenient and confusing and only work if you are concentrating on an area for a period of time . Bouncing back and forth from image hosts creating , comparing , resizing , copying takes one out of the WGT tab quickly enabling you to use the 2 screens for the tasks that you are doing . Which puts you back to square one .

Don't touch the resized 2nd window and adapt the size of any other application to keep it visible.  It works if you give it time for you to get used to it.  I do it all the time myself.

Or ScottHope has another Maxthon method using a pop-up window method that always stays on top of the screen.  Watch his video at the bottom of this thread.

pdb1:

It is not always possible to even click fast enough to accept a 5 second invite 

May I remind E 1 that sending someone a 5 second invite is not long enough for some one to acknowledge , finish typing a sentence , click out of what they were doing , and respond before you cancel the invite . The last 10 invites  that have been sent to me were the 5 second variety . Give me a break please .

No give us a break please....C'mon Really?  5 second invites?  Your last 10 have all been 5 second invites?  I've never sent a 5 second invite myself nor have I witnessed a host sending a 5 second invite.  You're seeing a conspiracy of your CC members sending 5 sec. invites just to p*ss you off! (now there's an idea!)

If you had your game client already open you could accept the invite first then go back and clean up or finish what you were doing.  (I think that's the way it would work IIRC but not positive)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2016 11:43 AM

pdb1:
    Well I know you have limitations on comprehension .

Your posts sure do put it to the test!

pdb1:
    Yes it is what i said .

Progress!  You're actually saying you're too busy to stop what you're doing and send an invite, but NOT too busy to accept an invite and play.  Therefore, friends must invite you, you don't do invites.

pdb1:
    only because i have invited 100 more times than anyone you know .
    (I'll ignore the exaggeration as I do know YankeeJim who has played 5600+ Alt Shot games compared to your 460+.)

And you justify being done sending invites because you've invited lots in the past. (at least in your own mind)

pdb1:
    So i don't have a problem not taking every minute i have to send invites . 

Oooh, double negatives are tough.....

Basically, you do have a problem wasting your precious time sending invites to your friends.

Damn, must be real important stuff you do with your time!  Posting 9500 times in the forums? Making you said like 2,000 trophies for your CC? Removing, as you've said, over 230 members from your CC to get it down to the tight 26 members you now have.  All that work you do searching for new members, posting your ad on their wall and inviting them to join.  More wall posts when they do accept. etc. etc.....  IIRC you had 33 CC members in January.  How's all that important stuff you're doing working out for you?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2016 2:41 PM

andyson:
    pdb1:
    (I'll ignore the exaggeration as I do know YankeeJim who has played 5600+ Alt Shot games compared to your 460+.)

Even among all the contradictions and obfuscation in pdb's post that one stuck out to me. What an utterly ridiculous statement to make!

As an aside, I often wonder how much alt shot other people play (but not enough to go looking at profiles).

I just edge ahead of Jim with an impressive/very sad 5837.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2016 6:20 PM

PaulTon:

andyson:
    pdb1:

Even among all the contradictions and obfuscation in pdb's post that one stuck out to me. What an utterly ridiculous statement to make!

As an aside, I often wonder how much alt shot other people play (but not enough to go looking at profiles).

I just edge ahead of Jim with an impressive/very sad 5837.

7095 alt shot games in 4 years...damn. I feel like HK going on about who has collected the most marbles..err.. friends.

3565-3530

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2016 6:13 AM

pdb1:

ct690911:

Not so ridiculous . My invites also amount into the thousands . If you see I edited it to say " more than anyone I know " . Which validates that I can ask others to invite me and make the effort . Not andysons assumptions that i only will take the time to accept rather than invite . 

Amongst my 5000 stroke play rounds and 1000 match play and 500 altshot rounds . Way over half of them were played with the " create a game " . Invites by me . Maybe twice that amount were unsuccessful ( actually 3 times that would be more accurate ). So at the very least and I think many more . That comes to over 6000  successful and unsuccessful invites . So now tell me I don't have any experience with invites . 

Paul...you are attributing a quote to me that I didn't make...please amend.

ty

ct

ps: aren't you getting a bit tired of this never ending back and forth?...I have my share of critics as well, but generally I can wrap it up in a few posts. 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2016 7:04 AM

pdb1:
      For somebody that claims to have 6,000,000,000 alt shot rounds in . Your ignorance never seizes to amaze me andyson . 

And you never cease to make us laugh at you.

pdb1:

andyson:
    Your last 10 have all been 5 second invites?

Some may have been 10 or 20 seconds . ...This is a very frequent and frustrating occurrence for all WGT players .

Backpedaling? ... There you go again making us laugh!  Let's all play "Pick-A-Ridiculous-Number-Out-Of-Thin-Air"

My turn: "Well some may have been 90 or 120 seconds"

pdb1:

The hasty inviting host impatiently cannot wait long enough to see if you accept and frantically goes through a number of players not giving them time to accept . 

This happens to everyone...

What's the name of your fantasy world again?

RSS