Forums

Help › Forums

Meter stutter and meter speed ups

Wed, Jan 6 2021 10:11 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2016 11:52 PM

I may not have one of those gaming rigs, like most players here.  However, the CEI  is 7.8.

I get the swing meter to jump inbetween shots by just clicking on the meter.  The meter speed is very inconsistent.  Memory leakage is very apparent, with or without the ad block enabled. 

I have done everything humanly possible in optimizing my setup, which is basically for everyday usage.  There is no progams that start when windows boots.

Disk defrag set to manual (ie schedule turned off), windows update is only turned on when I want to check for updates.

Internet connection is excellent at 3 MB/sec or 180 MB / min.

Why does my swing meter jump inbetween shots, by just clicking on the meter.  Secondly, why does the meter speed up as it approaches the ding mark.  When I say, it speeds up, its like a Mazarati on turbo charge.  One would think they are playing with more then one type of ball.   Reminds me of the days when I was playing with B-XD balls at 10 cr per sleave.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 1:47 AM

If it happens only after you have played a game or two, it is flash related. Simple solution, close your game client and re-open and your meter should be OK.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 2:06 AM

I'd advise to close and re-open ALL browser windows against the memory leakage. It might also be related to your browser brand and Flash version...

And, keep in mind that the meter movement works without server interaction - you might unplug your LAN cable (but re-connect it before clicking to stop it LOL). In your own PC, other processes may block too much CPU, causing a rise in load.

Next suspect is your local computer environment - other comps or printers active in the LAN may have an effect on your machine's load.

Further outside, it's not the server discon but it may still be WGT (extra traffic announcing friends etc).

And, one possible culprit hidden in plain view might be a cordless mouse. Both Bluetooth and weak batteries may cause trouble (but not meter speed-ups).

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 2:50 AM

No cordless mouse,  the first swing after I log in is nice and smooth, after that, nope, LOL.

No bluetooth devices here. No printers or file sharing is allowed. This can be accomplished by removing  Microsoft's print and file sharing service.  This is removed at the properties section of your local area adapter.  Finally, I set the dns servers to use a proxy server.

I only have the game client open, all other windows are closed.

I use the latest flash version, as for the browser,  I have checked into that, memory leakage is not associated with the browser.  How do I know.  I can set up multiple profiles using the same browser, and change the properties on the shortcut to allow for its execution.  I can monitor the browser resources and see if it increases.  I will open multiple tabs (sites) and monitor ram usage.  It is a constant.  It only happens on this site.  Memory increases on this site when going from one hole to the next.  As I said before, if ram is not properly release or initialized, then ram usage will increase.

For argument sake, lets say profiles are name A and B.  B, being associated with WGT only.   I use profile B for playing golf, and the profile is not used for anything else.  The cache has been set at a generous 100 MB.  Profile A is for general surfing in private browsing mode, and does not save a cache.   I have set up exceptions for cookie handling to ensure browser A does not clear all the cookies when it closes.

And yes, periodically I do clear the cookies.  Which means I need to reset the game client settings.

I am aware that the meter is rendered on the clients computer, which has me stumped as to why I would have any problems at all.

As for paging file, I have enough memory that it is not required, and set the paging file to 0 bytes.

Since I have multiple HDD, browser is located on another physical drive, which does not interfere with the o/s.  The HDD on which the browser is on, is plenty fast.  But, since I experiencing abnormality all the time, then it is not an HDD issue.  I would expect that problem to be only occasional.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 6:42 AM

Infinito3010:
    Secondly, why does the meter speed up as it approaches the ding mark.

The acceleration of the meter is by design per this post by WGTadmin2 last year:  (See the second post by admin2 on that page)

WGTadmin2:

The meter accelerating (racing) is built into all the clubs on purpose, except the putters which we removed this affect a long time ago.  The club's meter speed attribute affects how fast the meter will speed up as it approaches the "ding".  So from the moment you let go and start the down swing the meter accelerates as it approaches the "ding"  You should not expect the clubs (other than putters) to be a constant speed the whole down swing.  

The reason have acceleration is to better simulate the affect of power and "over swinging" on your accuracy to "ding"  So the if you consistently only swing 80-90% of the full power you should be more accurate than if you use 100% power all the time.  using only 80% power means there is less distance to the ding to accelerate and therefore easier to time.

• PRIESTESS
    10,700 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 8:13 AM

Infinito3010:

No cordless mouse,  the first swing after I log in is nice and smooth, after that, nope, LOL.

No bluetooth devices here. No printers or file sharing is allowed. This can be accomplished by removing  Microsoft's print and file sharing service.  This is removed at the properties section of your local area adapter.  Finally, I set the dns servers to use a proxy server.

I use the latest flash version, as for the browser,  I have checked into that, memory leakage is not associated with the browser.  How do I know.  I can set up multiple profiles using the same browser, and change the properties on the shortcut to allow for its execution.  I can monitor the browser resources and see if it increases.  I will open multiple tabs (sites) and monitor ram usage.  It is a constant.  It only happens on this site.  Memory increases on this site when going from one hole to the next.  As I said before, if ram is not properly release or initialized, then ram usage will increase.

For argument sake, lets say profiles are name A and B.  B, being associated with WGT only.   I use profile B for playing golf, and the profile is not used for anything else.  The cache has been set at a generous 100 MB.  Profile A is for general surfing in private browsing mode, and does not save a cache.   I have set up exceptions for cookie handling to ensure browser A does not clear all the cookies when it closes.

And yes, periodically I do clear the cookies.  Which means I need to reset the game client settings.

I am aware that the meter is rendered on the clients computer, which has me stumped as to why I would have any problems at all.

As for paging file, I have enough memory that it is not required, and set the paging file to 0 bytes.

Since I have multiple HDD, browser is located on another physical drive, which does not interfere with the o/s.  The HDD on which the browser is on, is plenty fast.  But, since I experiencing abnormality all the time, then it is not an HDD issue.  I would expect that problem to be only occasional.

Infinito3010:

Do you remember when WGT slowed the dots on the greens and the meter suddenly became smooth for a huge % of players?  I am positive they can do something else regarding this meter because i am the same as you Shade!  First swing great then its lumpy and stuttery and can do anything, it can be also smooth , its so UN-predicatble which is not what i log in for. I have been here since 2009 and know how to maintain a computer for wgt. And if someone as intelligent as you regarding computers is having meter trouble then something is obviously wrong somewhere. I think at the end of the day we pay for the amazing graphics which flash delivers . Good luck to those that have a lovely consistent meter because  myself and Shade are not one of those, which in a way isn't a bad thing because i can spend less time shaking me head and battling it!

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 8:30 AM

andyson:

WGTadmin2:

The meter accelerating (racing) is built into all the clubs on purpose, except the putters which we removed this affect a long time ago.  The club's meter speed attribute affects how fast the meter will speed up as it approaches the "ding".  So from the moment you let go and start the down swing the meter accelerates as it approaches the "ding"  You should not expect the clubs (other than putters) to be a constant speed the whole down swing.  

The reason have acceleration is to better simulate the affect of power and "over swinging" on your accuracy to "ding"  So the if you consistently only swing 80-90% of the full power you should be more accurate than if you use 100% power all the time.  using only 80% power means there is less distance to the ding to accelerate and therefore easier to time.

It is the unexpected accelaration,   not  the gradual acceleration I am referring to.  Secondly, I also get the acceleration with the putter as well.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 8:34 AM

PRIESTESS:
    Good luck to those that have a lovely consistent meter because  myself and Shade are not one of those, which in a way isn't a bad thing because i can spend less time shaking me head and battling it!

I disagree, if other members have a consistent meter all the time, then something is afoot.  Yes, WGT should step in because it is their game, and code that ultimately affects one's gaming experience.

Or perhaps they want us to quit,  which in my opinion would be a stupid thing to do.

I maybe the most hated one on here, but If I think something needs to be said, I will say it.

And who is to say, that the invisible friend on my list, is not the culprit.....

• PRIESTESS
    10,700 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 8:49 AM

Infinito3010:
    I also get the acceleration with the putter as well.

If i play 18 holes like the ready go i just played then the last 6 holes is a real battle with the meter. That acceleration cost me 2 putts on the final 2 holes at Oly which are the easiest for me to bird.I have to sacrifice at least 3 shots over 18 .

• musictreble
    116 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2016 6:07 AM

This has been a problem with me as well. It is not the gradual acceleration but the sudden jump close to the time I need to click. Some times this affects my long distance putter as well?

• PAGES
RSS