Forums

Help › Forums

Average required for Tour Champion

Fri, Feb 16 2024 1:38 PM (139 replies)
  • Zombywuff15
    10 Posts
    Tue, Sep 24 2019 1:37 PM

Thanks, I’m hoping they haven’t changed it!

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Tue, Sep 24 2019 3:49 PM

Below is(part of) what I found on page 1......

You need to play at least 500 ranked rounds as Legend to  saturated ( average stops going up ) before reaching Tour Legend. 
      When it is equal or smaller than 60 you go from Legend to Tour Legend.

You need to play at least 200 ranked rounds as Tour Legend to saturate ( average stops  going up ).
      When it is equal or smaller than 60 you go from Tour Legend to Champion.

You need to play an additional 200 ranked rounds as Tour Legend before reaching Champion.

You need to play another 200 ranked rounds as a Champion to saturate ( average stops going up ).

So I can tell you that it was 100% NOT 200 ranked round to saturate at TL it was around 750 (for me anyway) or way over 500 as I gave up keeping track around 580....

I am not worried so much about reaching Tour Champ as my average is at a long way from the required 55.00 at a lackluster 58....

THAT BEING SAID I SURE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHEN I WILL SATURATE AT CHAMPION JUST SO THE ANNOYING AVERAGE FLUX WILL STOP!!!.....

I again gave up counting ranked rounds but can tell you I am well over DOUBLE the 200 "Ranked Rounds" that is in above post and it I have still NOT saturated??

Does anyone have an answer thanks.........JD

• 2questions
    856 Posts
    Tue, Sep 24 2019 4:34 PM

JDGHOST:
    again gave up counting ranked rounds

Okae.

JD, it's widely rumored that the WGT has changed (increased) it's tier elevation perimeters (twice) since Dec 19, 2018.  And...

Just make sure all your members continue to understand that "Best of(s)...", "Custom Courses" are still NOT counted as rank rounds.  

Go get'em.

-Ty

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Sep 24 2019 4:41 PM

JDGHOST:
    I again gave up counting ranked rounds but can tell you I am well over DOUBLE the 200 "Ranked Rounds" that is in above post??

IDK if anyone will step up with the answer and I don't keep track myself but I don't recall it taking a long time to saturate. I think I remember reading 200 rounds being tossed around as the number but your situation is a little different.

There may be an answer in that I was already a Champion when the TC tier was added so I may have already laid the base and only needed 200 rounds to saturate. A new Champion may have to meet that base PLUS 200 to saturate. 750 looks like the number.  :-)

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Tue, Sep 24 2019 5:17 PM

YankeeJim:

JDGHOST:
    I again gave up counting ranked rounds but can tell you I am well over DOUBLE the 200 "Ranked Rounds" that is in above post??

IDK if anyone will step up with the answer and I don't keep track myself but I don't recall it taking a long time to saturate. I think I remember reading 200 rounds being tossed around as the number but your situation is a little different.

There may be an answer in that I was already a Champion when the TC tier was added so I may have already laid the base and only needed 200 rounds to saturate. A new Champion may have to meet that base PLUS 200 to saturate. 750 looks like the number.  :-)

Thanks Jim and your right I fell in the "Strange Days" moment when WGT made a ton of Champs- TC's over night I was at tour Legend that day and my average was saturated at the time and then all of sudden it wasn't?.... The next day it started to fluctuate again (hence the 750 rounds to saturate at TL)  So long climb to Champ from there....Anyway all I can do is wait when my average does not go up after a mediocre -3 on 9 holes then I know lol.... 

• HalHoff
    789 Posts
    Thu, Sep 26 2019 1:38 PM

It took our most recent Tour Champ 1000 rounds to saturate Champion avg. 

• gilly2017
    1,016 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 7:53 AM

I can attest to the 750 rounds to saturate the tour legend level. Thought it was 200 but day after day, week after week it kept going up and down. Finally it stopped . LOL. Now to claw my way down to the 59 level. Why do we do this to ourselves..lol  Cheers

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 10:28 AM

I cannot confirm, but it has some logic to it:

500 rounds as a Legend,

750 as a TL,

And 1,000 as a Champ.

• Viking772
    16 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2019 8:58 PM

All,

I saturated as a Champion after 1000 countable ranked rounds.

My average sits at 56.61 as of October 5, 2019.

At the rate I'm going it will take around 80 more rounds of sub 55.00 scores to reach that average. This is quite a task and may take some time to achieve.

Viking772

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Oct 6 2019 3:01 PM

Pure dumb luck. I had recently saturated when it was 200 just before they changed it. As has been said, I don't see much hope of getting the required average any time soon since I don't do the short tee stuff unless it's one that wouldn't count anyway. It is kinda fun to go hunting eagles at Bo5 from the close tees. 

RSS