Forums

Help › Forums

Average required for Tour Champion

Fri, Feb 16 2024 1:38 PM (139 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2018 9:58 AM

jayzach:

I see that invitations are being granted to Tour Champion today!  

Congratulations to all that received the invitation!!

Including yourself, as you can see now. LOL

Apparently under 55 average is the start (don't know how RRs are factored in) and I'm speculating the default green speed is going to be 14. The WC intro has them.  The move isn't made until a RR is posted and the saturation bit starts all over. Details are slowly leaking out based on what players are seeing.  :-)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2018 3:24 PM

Must have missed my invite or I accepted and forgot.  So instead of elite players it's now to be the likes of me as well.

I reckon the RR's will be 200, or more, as that's where Champ saturation happens.  I'm not sure it has to be a ranked round for the move, mine was an uel game that didn't have an affect on my average, but yes a round needs to be played.

On the GS I think it may be 13, I set up a RR at Chambers and that's what it gave me.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2018 4:21 PM
    YankeeJim:
    Apparently under 55 average is the start (don't know how RRs are factored in)
    Not so sure on that YJ . If you look in the Players community you will see avgs. as high as 72 so not sure how they are going about selection . So for the most part avgs. are ranging from 45 and up .
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2018 4:28 PM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2018 4:31 PM

Robert1893:
    So, for those who qualify, the first round played triggers tiering up and resetting the average. 

Exactly. Saturation starts all over unless.....how cool would it be if saturation wasn't a factor in that tier? Now that would be some serious nice.  :-)

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2018 4:38 PM

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2018 6:20 PM

Robert1893:

YankeeJim:
    Exactly. Saturation starts all over unless.....how cool would it be if saturation wasn't a factor in that tier? Now that would be some serious nice.  :-)

That would be nice. 

Of course, I'll never need to worry about it. :-) 

Averages start all over!!  One TC managed an average of 180.00................

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 12:49 AM

I've been away for awhile and Wgt forgot bout me, thk goodness   lol

• TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 8:55 AM

If you look at all of us who have been moved to Tour Champion you will see that most of us have much higher averages than before.   It appears that the saturation factor goes away and something else is used.

It looks strange now with many TC having higher averages than lower tiers but I assume it will sort itself out soon.

Will

RSS