Mon, Apr 25 2016 1:14 PM

lee22sharon:
    Whats wrong with being a racist?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2016 1:29 PM

lee22sharon:

If you have to ask that then you have a very serious problem beyond the ignorance. It is never acceptable. Period.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2016 3:06 PM

PaulTon:

lee22sharon:

Lance Armstrong was a hell of a good racist, until that pesky doping scandal.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2016 3:23 PM

YankeeJim:

lee22sharon:

If you have to ask that then you have a very serious problem beyond the ignorance. It is never acceptable. Period.

I usually do not repeat myself as I tend to chose my words well.

It is not what a persons thoughts are!  It is the words and deeds that are paramount.  Still my nickle.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2016 3:30 PM

(Serenity Prayer)

lee22sharon:

Now it's a religious concern?

Nope. It has also secular value.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2016 4:47 PM

lee22sharon:
    It is not what a persons thoughts are!  It is the words and deeds that are paramount.

And that's where the ignorance is. I heard it the first time and it speaks to the false facade an insincere individual shows. Words, boy, it's all words. Without true feeling they're just that-words.

There's a rabid mob following a political pied piper here in this country, perfect example of what exploiting that personal thought does. Let the heart dictate the action.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2016 9:42 PM

YankeeJim:

lee22sharon:
    It is not what a persons thoughts are!  It is the words and deeds that are paramount.

And that's where the ignorance is. I heard it the first time and it speaks to the false facade an insincere individual shows. Words, boy, it's all words. Without true feeling they're just that-words.

There's a rabid mob following a political pied piper here in this country, perfect example of what exploiting that personal thought does. Let the heart dictate the action.

I do not live an aberrant life style and I do stay true to myself.  If that is ignorance so be it.

I chose to believe it is in adherence to what is a good existance with others and not treating anyone different than how I would expect to be treated.  Yes it may ring of insincerity but should be looked at as being able to get along.  It's still my n ickle.

"false facade" hmmm!

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2016 9:46 PM

alosso:

(Serenity Prayer)

lee22sharon:

Now it's a religious concern?

Nope. It has also secular value.

Agreed within limits.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 1:50 PM

I imagine an impact on the black Americans, already hysterical with behavior that is stunning with predictable outcome. So we make a $20 bill that is a constant reminder that their heritage is slavery, and that their women are superior, I should think they would be insulted by seeing  this every time they are lucky enough to gain $20. What is positive about any of this to satisfy the ego of black Americans. I don't get it.

~ SP ~  

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 3:06 PM

SweetiePie:

I imagine an impact on the black Americans, already hysterical with behavior that is stunning with predictable outcome. So we make a $20 bill that is a constant reminder that their heritage is slavery, and that their women are superior, I should think they would be insulted by seeing  this every time they are lucky enough to gain $20. What is positive about any of this to satisfy the ego of black Americans. I don't get it.

~ SP ~  

In Canada, race is not usually a big issue with us. Our cross to bear is how we have treated indigenous peoples. There is also the simmering language/culture tension between French and English. This tends to rear up now and again.

Anyway, what black female role models would be appropriate?...Oprah Winfrey?, Beyonce?, Maya Angelou?, Rosa Parks?. My knowledge of US history is limited to what I remember from school. 

ct

RSS