Forums

Help › Forums

DOUBLESAWBUCK

Sun, May 1 2016 2:04 AM (78 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2016 7:42 PM

Anything PC is strictly taboo with me, my life and my time. I despise all of it and can smell it from afar. I avoid it or give it lex talionis; "an eye for an eye" And so I am at once going to extract all of the Andrew Jackson $20 dollar bills that come my way in transactions while shopping and getting all I can from the bank (it will be considerable, believe me) and I will pantry load these bills so as to be prepared when the new $20 arrive and start infecting the other currency. I will NEVER accept nor use nor touch one of these ridiculous PC $20 dollar bills. EVER.

~ Lily ~

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2016 1:56 AM

Flippin heck girl, why don't you stop beating around the bush and just come out and say what you really mean  :)

My personal response to that is...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2016 5:36 AM

Nothing like a racist to get the day going. I'll happily take all of those new 20s off your lily white hands.

Shame on you and your cretin, entitled attitude.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2016 10:20 AM

SweetiePie:

Anything PC is strictly taboo with me, my life and my time. I despise all of it and can smell it from afar. I avoid it or give it lex talionis; "an eye for an eye" And so I am at once going to extract all of the Andrew Jackson $20 dollar bills that come my way in transactions while shopping and getting all I can from the bank (it will be considerable, believe me) and I will pantry load these bills so as to be prepared when the new $20 arrive and start infecting the other currency. I will NEVER accept nor use nor touch one of these ridiculous PC $20 dollar bills. EVER.

~ Lily ~

As a matter of truth, this protest of mine has absolutely nothing to do with race or a perception of racism, because I am not a racist.and get ill when I consider that there are many people who are. This protest deal singularly with necessity. We do not need a change in the $20 dollar bill nor should we defame Andrew Jackson. At the start of this planned event it was the $10 bill scheduled for change because Alexander Hamilton was in the PC doghouse. He escaped this fate with some new found popularity. So the flashlight was shifted to Jackson and the $20. Either change would be unnecessary. The only thing to be perhaps right considered would be a "new bill" perhaps a $25 or $30 bill, something new and a little bit, maybe needed. As one looks at the current crop of bills, we see Washington on the $1, Jefferson on the $2, Lincoln on the $5, Hamilton on the $10, Jackson on the $20, Grant on the $50 and Franklin on the $100. The trend is crystal clear. But, with a need for diversity, I agree it might be proper to display a 1) a great person of color 2) a great female. I see the need, I suppose, of this kind gesture. A person of color could be the likes of Frederick Douglas, George Washington Carver, Booker T. Washington, Solomon Northrup etc. there are many great s to chose from.

The female angle deserves a look. We have tried it twice and failed. first with the Susan Anthony $1 coin failing we are told because the size caused it to be taken for a quarter. To fix it they disposed Miss Anthony with a finer choice, I believe by colorizing it to look like gold and by honoring Sacagawea who was so important to the success of the fantastic expedition of Lewis and Clark from St. Louis to the Pacific. Without her guide help thay would likely have failed. But this coin likewise didn't fly...not because of who but because it was a coin. Females of color ? Ok by me, Condi Rice would be an excellent choice and would fall much closer in line by this excellence with the current bill faces we have.

The direction that has been chosen is a mistake and will probably fail and should not be considered solely because of it's obvious PC stance.

I promise you that I am not a bigot nor am I racist. With my entire soul I do all I am capable of to truly love and honor my neighbor as much as I do myself. Please believe this. It hurts my heart to be thought of otherwise only because I have no stomach for PC phoniness. I prefer blunt reality. Thanks,

~ Lily ~ 

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2016 10:48 AM

What's PC about honoring Harriet Tubman?  

And what's wrong with replacing Old Hickory, unless one is nostalgic for the relocation of indigenous populations?

Lily, this kind of diatribe is best left in the hands of the likes of Trump and his capacity to be wrong about virtually everything.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2016 1:09 PM

Without any knowledge of the historical dimension:

Lily: You might consider to become a member of the Fed Board of Governors

OR

to accept the Serenity Prayer.

Please!!!!

Mind you: It's just another green back.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2016 12:46 PM

Hmmm?  Political Correctness (PC?), is an insincere sham.  Modern times are certainly different than when I was learning how to cope with others.  The single biggest thing I have a problem with is a preceived necessity to " please " everybody and everything.  It is so false!

If you have something to say or do that may cause someone else to be uncomfortable, then by all means, find another way.  If that isn't possiable be prepared to apoligize and accept criticism from others who do not share your view or actions.

Not everyone can or should  believe or do as everyone else.  If nothing else it strangles what mankind can do best, improve, progress, and learn from the past. 

At this time, whoever is on the face of our currancy should remain.  If it is decided by those who are in charge by political means to change it, they should be responsiable to those who gave them their power of decision by acting with that in mind.  To do it for anyother reason is simply the exercise of power.  It was done because he/she/they could.

My Nickle.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2016 1:06 PM

YankeeJim:

Nothing like a racist to get the day going. I'll happily take all of those new 20s off your lily white hands.

Shame on you and your cretin, entitled attitude.

Whats wrong with being a racist?  No one should be labeled because of what they think.

It is what you do to expess those thoughts on others by word or deed that is the most telling.

You have expressed a preconcieved idea of what being a part of a higher fininancial strata will automaticaly cause that person to develope an entitled attitude, Therefore to take this to the next step those who are the financial underdogs must therefore not see things in life as others do?  WELL!  welcome to the modern world.  My Nickle.

ps:  I had thought better of you from your previous writings.  Shame!

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2016 1:08 PM

alosso:

Without any knowledge of the historical dimension:

Lily: You might consider to become a member of the Fed Board of Governors

OR

to accept the Serenity Prayer.

Please!!!!

Mind you: It's just another green back.

Now it's a religious concern?   Krap!  MY NICKLE!

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2016 1:11 PM

mkg335:

What's PC about honoring Harriet Tubman?  

And what's wrong with replacing Old Hickory, unless one is nostalgic for the relocation of indigenous populations?

Lily, this kind of diatribe is best left in the hands of the likes of Trump and his capacity to be wrong about virtually everything.

Nothing, absolutly nothing is better off being left in the hands of "the donald".  my nickle.

RSS