Forums

Help › Forums

Can anyone tell me

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 11 2009 1:40 PM (4 replies)
  • TW1432
    130 Posts
    Mon, Aug 10 2009 9:35 AM

Can anyone tell me how to organize and start tourneys that are not sponsered by WGT? And could someone tell me how to select courses for them?

I would like to start a tournament at the following courses- TPC Sawgrass, St. Andrews and TPC Scottsdale.

If anyboby has any info for me please leave a post(s) telling me how to do all of this.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Mon, Aug 10 2009 9:50 AM

You can't select those courses, I'm afraid. If it's a multiplayer tournament you can only play on the front nine of Bethpage. If it's not, people can also play at Kiawah.

To organise a tournament you can simply post all the necessary information on here(links to sign up, scoreboards...)

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Aug 10 2009 9:50 AM

There are some very nice tournaments ably organized by Mark Holliday (Mwh65) right here: WGT Ladder System. Feel free to join them!

• GreenHits
    84 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 1:38 PM

If I were you I would hold off on starting a tourney. Sit back a bit and see how its done. This fourm is flooded with tourneys at the moment. Some are running great. These tourneys are run by veterans of this site. There are others that are a complete mess. I'm not trying to be a downer here, it just takes some experience to run a good tourny. Its very important to know exactly how WGT works to run a good tourney. Not to mention knowing how to make a bracket or a spreadsheet. 

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 1:40 PM

Well said, GreenHits.

RSS