Forums

Help › Forums

I GOT MAIL

Tue, May 24 2016 5:52 PM (54 replies)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2016 6:32 PM

Time for the drawing-

Looks like we have two names to throw into the hat, so let me take a minute, write out each of your names and throw them into a hat...

Be right back with a winner-

MC

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2016 6:43 PM

WE HAVE A WINNER.......

Congratulations to jayw4862!!!!!

Thanks for playing guys. Jay I'll send you a pm so we can make arrangements.

MC

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2016 2:48 PM

mrcaddie:

WE HAVE A WINNER.......

Congratulations to jayw4862!!!!!

Thanks MC!!! This is very, very nice!! A wonderful gesture from a great guy (with a dream job!!!). I really appreciate it...Jay :-)

The card that came with the gift:

I told MC I'd video the opening of the surprise gift. This is the first time I've ever used my tablet's camera as you can tell. 

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2016 3:18 PM

Jay,

You're very welcome and it was my pleasure.

Now let me tell you how that golf towel ended up on your golf bag down in Alabama....

Last Christmas I was shopping around for some golf gear for my golfing buddies, you know golf balls, towels etc. I find some golf towels and here is the description-

"This is an assortment of four 16"x24" golf towels. Assortment consists of 4 towels with a variety of golf course and event logos."

and here is what I got-

Yep, four of the exact same towel with Alabama's Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail on them.

Now, I've never been to Alabama, I've never traveled through Alabama and at the time I didn't know anyone that lived in Alabama. So I tried to return them to Amazon, they told me to keep them and issued me a credit. I ordered the towels again and this time I got towels with logos from courses in California, Nevada, Arizona (exactly what I was looking for) and guess what the fourth towel was......yep, another Alabama's Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail towel!

I kept that last towel at home and figured I could do something with it. Then I saw this fun thread started by Paul and thought it would be fun keep the thread going by giving away the towel....and that's that.

MC

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2016 9:48 PM

mrcaddie:
    I've never been to Alabama

Maybe this is a sign MC, that is telling you to visit Alabama (don't stay, this is a CRAPPY state) and play one of RTJ's courses. They are amazing and beautiful. Only seen pictures of the others, but I've played Grand National over 100 times probably.

By the way, I checked the website out. That is such a cool place to work!! One of those places you don't regret having to get up and go to work. Like I said, Dream Job!!

Thanks again MC :-)

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2016 8:08 AM

Lovely gesture from MrCaddie and a  nice touch posting the video too, Jay.

Thanks for sharing, folks.

Cockles are heating up as I post.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2016 8:40 AM

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2016 9:30 AM

pdb1:

Just a suggestion... Wiger.  [snipped]

IF YOU FIND YOURSELF " OFF TOPIC " THEN BRING IT HERE

Point taken/made.