Help › Forums

am i a "master" forever???

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 29 2009 9:25 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 3:03 PM

yeah i'm just saying... it didn't... hasn't changed.  i think you have to maintain below a certain score over an average of scores... 10/14 whatever it is.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 3:26 PM

I believe tier changes are only processed once a day, so it's possible you weren't low enough for long enough.

It's also possible that they have since adjusted the 68.xx to something slightly lower.  The absence of the Top 10 rankings for score average makes it hard to determine exactly where the cutoffs are.

• SonofAnarchy
    130 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 4:24 PM

posts like this actually scare me away from wanting/trying for that so called "perfect round". since i can not afford to buy new clubs(yes some ppl are that tight when budget comes around.i am poor). like i said in another post "master with starter clubs=(insert smartass statement here)".

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 10:42 PM

Yes you are a master forever. And when you go to a master, it gets tougher. No matter how high your average is. I saw a master, and his average was a 90!!

• chgoeke
    4 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2009 12:10 AM

Does someone know if the 68.xx rule still applies? I am in the mid 67 and still waiting for the master grade.

• Futures
    79 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2009 5:13 AM

Even with one amazing round, you still prove you have the ability to be a master.  Now you are basically a master until there is a higher level. 

I know what you are saying, though, becasue I am a 9 handicap in real life.  But in theory I could I have a great and lucky round and shoot a -5..it could happen.  But you also have to remember,  real pros' scores can fluctuate easily by 10 shots...Tiger shot a 75 Sunday, but can obviously shoot a 63.   

• quakertx
    1 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 7:56 AM

What a huge flaw in this game.  I had the same thing happen to me, as I was moved down to Master after I shot a -6 in the August International Open.  Great score, yes, but it was from the freaking red tees.  So I am now penalized because I played from the moved up tees that everyone else played at for the tournament?  This has been a disappointment for a variety of reasons, most of all because this has ruined the head to head contests with my friend that I play with, who is very equal to me in ranking/skill but now has the advantage of 20-40 yards a hole.  At the very least I should be able to trade in some of the clubs that I have already purchasesd for credits toward new ones.  This game is great, but not worth the $$ to shell out to equip with master clubs. 

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 8:11 AM

Depends on if you want to beat him or not! The master driver will fix the off the tee yardage for you.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 9:25 AM

quakertx:
    At the very least I should be able to trade in some of the clubs that I have already purchasesd for credits toward new ones.

You can already do that. You probably haven't noticed this month's update that introduced the clubs sell-back feature.

• PAGES
RSS