Forums

Help › Forums

Laughing at Best Plans

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 7 2016 1:59 PM (21 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2016 5:04 PM

I have been using my Mizuno M29 irons for around 12 years. They were still keen and useful and a bit worn....they were needing a re-groove. So in early October I contacted Mizuno and they talked me into a session with their club rep for a state-of -the-Art fitting for new sticks. Cool! He showed me 4 styles. The JPX-EZ  (no chance, an ugly hack cure-all), the JPX-EZ forged ( another gag me cure-all for the savvy hack, you know, cause it's forged, I guess) , the MP-25 , forged, (getting better, but still jellied up with sneaky helpers.) "Better speed it up Pal, my feet are going to sleep. And then, love at first sight. He shows me the MP-5. Knock -out ! Tiny head., muscle back. thin top line. perfect sole blade. Instant attraction. OK ;-} Steel shaft, DG S-100, 3 degree flat lie....looking good. Funny part is, I got the sticks, got sick, haven't played, the clubs are still virgin...maybe soon...I'm hitting pitch shots in my yard and calling it exercise.  ~ Lily ~ 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2016 5:33 PM

SP...you mentioned in a previous thread that you have been diagnosed with Cancer. Is it appropriate to ask what kind of cancer you have?...if it isn't, please accept my apology.

ct

ps..I have heard of Mizuno (I think Nick Faldo used them), but they don't seem to be a popular name of the PGA any longer...TM, Nike, Callaway...the big three seem to dominate ...same as on wgt.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2016 10:07 AM

ct690911:
    ps..I have heard of Mizuno (I think Nick Faldo used them), but they don't seem to be a popular name of the PGA any longer...TM, Nike, Callaway...the big three seem to dominate ...same as on wgt.

I truly believe it is the whore nature the once great PGA Tour has grown into, with young,stupid, no class golf bums with nothing in their mind other than chasing a way to play a game for a living. It is pretty sad looking to see each week these lazy dreamers "hookin" for extra folding money without ever bumping into a word like scruples. They all look like hobo's from the 30' wearing folding A-signs that advertise Spike's Greasy Spoon Diner, where the grub is "as they say" unforgetable. If is wasn't for low class, these indolent golf dreamers would have no class at all. My dad is a big time classic club collector (believe me) When I admire the workmanship, quality. beauty and tradition of Ram, Wilson, Hogan, MacGregor, Hagan, and others; I get ill to see Nike, and others I choose not to advance by mention, being so successful by virtue of marketing money, advertising and false testimony with impossible efficacy, assembled by non-golfing peasants. These clubs are made cheap, look cheap, and are priced as if made by a collection of the truly gifted. About the only overseas names I am certain about are Mizuno and older Honma. The Honma's were truly awesome but the metal was too soft. The Tour pro would have to check and re-bend and set the heads at least once a week.  ~ Lily ~

ps ~ Oh, the illness or cancer you prefer is of a female only nature but south of the boobs ;-}

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2016 12:55 PM

SweetiePie:

ct690911:

I truly believe it is the whore nature the once great PGA Tour has grown into, with young,stupid, no class golf bums with nothing in their mind other than chasing a way to play a game for a living. It is pretty sad looking to see each week these lazy dreamers "hookin" for extra folding money without ever bumping into a word like scruples. They all look like hobo's from the 30' wearing folding A-signs that advertise Spike's Greasy Spoon Diner, where the grub is "as they say" unforgetable. If is wasn't for low class, these indolent golf dreamers would have no class at all. My dad is a big time classic club collector (believe me) When I admire the workmanship, quality. beauty and tradition of Ram, Wilson, Hogan, MacGregor, Hagan, and others; I get ill to see Nike, and others I choose not to advance by mention, being so successful by virtue of marketing money, advertising and false testimony with impossible efficacy, assembled by non-golfing peasants. These clubs are made cheap, look cheap, and are priced as if made by a collection of the truly gifted. About the only overseas names I am certain about are Mizuno and older Honma. The Honma's were truly awesome but the metal was too soft. The Tour pro would have to check and re-bend and set the heads at least once a week.  ~ Lily ~

ps ~ Oh, the illness or cancer you prefer is of a female only nature but south of the boobs ;-}

That's quite a strong opinion on golf clubs...now I feel kind of bad for mentioning my Chinese made Flip Flops...but at least, unlike the popular makers of golf clubs, I actually get my one dollar (Cdn) worth out of the FFs..:)

Stay positive and get well soon.

ct

• shanecmbk
    31 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2016 5:16 PM

God Bless You Lily.

• patrickmar
    245 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2016 1:54 PM

SweetiePie:
    maybe soon...I'm hitting pitch shots in my yard and calling it exercise.  ~ Lily ~ 

In the mean while get better, stay positive and your can beat this, but sorry that you have to do pitch shots from the desktop Lilly,  its been about 3 years since we have last played alt shot.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2016 3:09 PM

Pffft. To know Lily is to know she'll be posting ,one of these days , how men cower to what she's facing and how she kicked its ass. With one of her Father's wooden shaft wedges, too.  :-D

• cappy11
    1,173 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2016 3:43 PM

Lily,

Wishing you ALL the best as you BEAT this thing...... I am fighting the same battle (above the boobs) and I am winning......... I know you can do the same.....

Hugs n' Kisses

cap

RSS