Forums

Help › Forums

A Valentines message to ex-members of Every Day People

Mon, Feb 15 2016 6:35 PM (25 replies)
  • roddy1234
    880 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2016 3:25 AM

It’s been 6 weeks since the Every Day People CC sadly closed its doors so unexpectedly, and its members found themselves without a club to call home.

Many have struggled to find a club that compares to the friendly camaraderie that existed at EDP. Indeed I know of more than a few  who have tried several clubs in that short space of time and have found none that compare to the friendly, happy atmosphere that EDP exuded.

Our focus on becoming number 1 brought us all together; it was so easy to make friends, simple to get a game and hopefully you found the forum to be both informative …and entertaining.

Over the last couple of months I, and a couple of other directors from the old club (Redsmitty and PWoodhouse3), have been quietly building a new country club. We realised that members would quite rightly expect the basics of free shot & putter pal if they were to join. I decided that our new club would not actively seek members until we had these in place. But we’ve also been helped along the way by a couple more ex-EDP members, FSmith12987 and MrBillace, and I thank you all for the help in getting there.

Well, I’m pleased to say that we have finally reached Level 4, and now have those necessities free for all members. So, as of Sunday, 14th February, The One and homely country club is officially open for business, and we’d love it if you’daccept our invitation, and come back home.

By joining us now, you’ll be one of the founding members of The One and homely country club. Be a part of a little bit of WGT history as we march this club right up to the top; it really is inevitable. We got to 7th place in record time last time, this time we're going all the way. And we’re going to have a lot of fun along the way.

Our ethos will be pretty much the same as the old club, and we’re gonna try tokeep it all positive. However, there is one big difference between this club, and all the others who aim for the top spot on the leader board.

We recognise that you’re busy people, and that it’s not always possible to play 18 holes on your first game of the WGT day. It can take up 45 minutes of your day, quite often at the most inconvenient of times. And I know, for me personally at least, squeezing this in while I’m munching my porridge in the morning is not always easy or convenient (you should see the state of my keyboard when WGT throw me one of their delightful curve balls occasionally!!).

I believe it is much more reasonable to ask all members to play at least 9 holes on that first game of the day; in effect a coffee break sized commitment, not a lunch hour!! Of course we’d love it if you can do 18, but 9 holes will produce more than 50% of the ccxp from an 18 hole game, and will take 50% less of your time.

We’re looking at rewards at the moment, and I suspect we’ll likely focus on more substantial rewards rather than a multitude of weekly free ball tournaments, though there will likely be some (they won’t be pink ;-).

But let’s be honest, I don’t think we stayed at EDP for the free balls; we stayed there because it was fun …with a focus.

We’ll also be offering documents and hopefully videos aimed at helping you improve your game over the coming months. From putting and chipping, to handling the embarrassing problem of wind ;-) And while I’m sure none of you need them, to all ex-EDP members who join before the end of February, I’ll provide you with a free copy of my putting charts.

Redsmitty (Dan), PWoodhouse3 (Peter) and I (Roddy) would dearly love to have you come home …to The One and homely country club. To all those ex-members who are on my friends list, and the multitude of you that have kindly accepted my recent friend request, I’ll be sending you an invite over the course of the next day or few. Please click that accept button.

If you can’t wait until then, or you are not on my friends list, please visit our CC home page and request membership; it's going to be fun!!

To all the other enthusiastic, regular golfers out there in WGT land, please bear with us while our family settles down back home, we'll be in touch very shortly.

Love is in the air; it must be those Valentines balls ;-)

Onwards and upwards,

Roddy

• FATTY501
    9,445 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 5:25 AM

Good luck to you Roddy 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 5:38 AM

With a recruiting Advert of that length and detail, you are certainly putting in the work to attract new members...the very best of luck to you...:)

ct

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 5:43 AM

Seems he has one of our members on his invites, then i wont wish the same. 

Nothing changes it seems, will soon be blasting invites out like his mother f nemesis........screenshot took in case another worm.

• roddy1234
    880 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 6:07 AM

FATTY501:

Good luck to you Roddy 

Many thanks Sue, and thanks for your post on my wall earlier. It's great that you understand that some ex members may wish to come back, much appreciated.

• roddy1234
    880 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 6:16 AM

bubbsboy:

Nothing changes it seems, will soon be blasting invites out like his mother f nemesis........screenshot took in case another worm.

Hi there bubbsboy,

Thankfully Sue read the above, and understands the situation. You appear to keep fit by jumping to conclusions and assuming the worst in people.

I have found in life that you tend to find what you're looking for. Here's me trying to spread the love, I'm not interested in what you have to offer.

Onwards and upwards,

Roddy

• roddy1234
    880 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 6:19 AM

ct690911:

With a recruiting Advert of that length and detail, you are certainly putting in the work to attract new members...the very best of luck to you...:)

ct

Many thanks for your good wishes. We're just trying to gather our scattered flock together, though it is inevitable that some will have found new homes where they are comfortable...and that's fine.

We'll start looking for new members in the next week or so.

Once again, thanks,

Onwards and upwards

Roddy.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 12:09 PM

roddy1234:

bubbsboy:

Hi there bubbsboy,

Thankfully Sue read the above, and understands the situation. You appear to keep fit by jumping to conclusions and assuming the worst in people.

I have found in life that you tend to find what you're looking for. Here's me trying to spread the love, I'm not interested in what you have to offer.

Onwards and upwards,

Roddy

You always agreed with the last sh!tbag owner mate of yours, so you will no doubt do the same as he......So folk will be warned.

You defended his cowboy and Arnie posting if folks did not earn the XPS you demanded.

Sling your hook. Dont feel you will ever get to the top bracket but you will try by hook or by CROOK.........long way to go.

And when you state you will be looking for new members soon.......make sure they aint attached to clubs..........folks tend to dislike poaching clubs!!!!!!

Fear same result Mr Marketing Man , pages 6 and 7 sum you up.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 1:17 PM

If someone decides to leave a club there may reasons other than an offer from a different club. Sometimes the shoe is too tight and not comfortable. I once was a loyal member of SEL but found I was not happy there. So I moved on. If someone decides to leave your club,  bubbsboy, it just might not be because they were poached.

Good luck, Roddy. Continue to fight the good fight.

• roddy1234
    880 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 1:24 PM

bubbsboy:

You always agreed with the last sh!tbag owner mate of yours, so you will no doubt do the same as he......So folk will be warned.

You defended his cowboy and Arnie posting if folks did not earn the XPS you demanded.

Sling your hook. Dont feel you will ever get to the top bracket but you will try by hook or by CROOK.........long way to go.

And when you state you will be looking for new members soon.......make sure they aint attached to clubs..........folks tend to dislike poaching clubs!!!!!!

Fear same result

Oh dear, you're clearly all emotional and upset ...bless.

Your potty mouth rambling is a sure sign that you're fit to burst with whatever it is that is so pent up and clearly trying to get out ...and it's about to blow. So I'm not going to hang about and wait for that one. I won't waste any more of my time on you, however I will say this...just because I'm here.

It never fails to amaze me that there are club owners in this day and age who still believe in serfdom. That somehow members are their possession, to do with as they will. The landed gentry of WGT land who view anything on their land as theirs; be it pheasant, rabbit, fish or deer ...or players.

Are you familiar with the concept of direct mail? An offer of a product or service to an end user which, if not of any interest to the recipient, gets discarded in the bin. But if that offer appeals, are they not free to make an informed choice to perhaps improve their lot? Do you think you know what's in their best interest, or would you prefer to isolate them from the real world?

So perhaps you should be asking yourself, "what am I so scared of?" Do you believe that  your members are your property, or are you merely trying to "protect them"? And of course that's how the likes of North Korea sell their "unique selling point".

As for me, I'm much more of the free market economy school of thought. A bit of competition never hurt anyone, and ALWAYS ends up providing the consumer with better choice and a better product.

So, you call it what you want, but the club owners on here who genuinely feel it to be poaching are subconsciously revealing their rather outdated mindset ...and that's absolutely fine. If we were all the same in life, it would be pretty boring.

But, speaking as a guy who's worked in the marketing industry for many, many years, I prefer the mindset that moves and improves everything for everybody. And that comes about by a little competition.

By all means get on your soapbox and proclaim what you stand for, or even the negative side of what you don't want. But please don't expect me to buy into it. And the more vocal you become, the more irrational your argument sounds. So shout away...please ...it keeps my post at the top of the country club corner. and for that I truly thank you.

One final thought; let me tell you that one of the top 10 clubs, currently at level 18 approached a couple of "my" (up until last night) 5 members within an hour of this post, inviting them to join their club. Sounds like double standards to me, and an attempt to sabotage something (as yet) small, but perfectly formed.

But I'm not worried, we're a happy club and I know if one of them left then perhaps I somehow failed. So rather than blaming everyone else for your shortcomings, perhaps you should look a little closer to home?

Just a thought

Onwards and upwards

Roddy

P.S. I wasn't overly surprised when looking at your profile to see that Henry had left you a supportive comment hee hee

RSS