Forums

Help › Forums

A Valentines message to ex-members of Every Day People

Mon, Feb 15 2016 6:35 PM (25 replies)
  • roddy1234
    880 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 1:36 PM

HackWilson1930:

If someone decides to leave a club there may reasons other than an offer from a different club. Sometimes the shoe is too tight and not comfortable. I once was a loyal member of SEL but found I was not happy there. So I moved on. If someone decides to leave your club,  bubbsboy, it just might not be because they were poached.

Good luck, Roddy. Continue to fight the good fight.

Many thanks HackWilson1930, I most certainly will.

Cheers

Roddy

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 2:13 PM

HackWilson1930:

If someone decides to leave a club there may reasons other than an offer from a different club. Sometimes the shoe is too tight and not comfortable. I once was a loyal member of SEL but found I was not happy there. So I moved on. If someone decides to leave your club,  bubbsboy, it just might not be because they were poached.

Good luck, Roddy. Continue to fight the good fight.

Nothing to do with folk leaving our club, its nothing to do with that at all. Its to do with the antics of him and his last compadre at everyday people cc in the past.

Read the green hyperlink, thats what its about. Most of us know what they were about,  i say most obviously.

Folk leave, folk return, and new folk arrive at SEL. Top club, always will be.

Bubbs

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 4:55 PM

bubbsboy:
    Fear same result Mr Marketing Man , pages 6 and 7

Ben Turpins's pupils, FFS!   Ohmasides!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 10:08 PM

roddy1234:

We're just trying to gather our scattered flock together.

So you think you own them? Isn't that what you spoke against in your other post? Why deny that you use poaching because you and your former leader are just too lazy to gain members the traditional way.

• roddy1234
    880 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 10:28 PM

courteneyfish:

roddy1234:

So you think you own them? Isn't that what you spoke against in your other post? Why deny that you use poaching because you and your former leader are just too lazy to gain members the traditional way.

Oh Courteney Fish, it's been too long. I'm so pleased you've come back for more :-)

Please allow me to give you a little lesson in words and grammar.

There is a huge difference between "my" and "our". "My" is a personal possession; "our" is a collective possession.

So just to help you out, I don't view The One and homely to be my club, it's our club. Hence me saying that;

courteneyfish:
    We're just trying to gather our scattered flock together

We're all a part of it, we'll build it together, and we'll all rejoice when we get to the top together.

As for the poaching "thing" you older owners seem to have a fixation on; I don't deny anything, however I find your terminology illuminating when it comes to assessing your mind set. Please see my reply to Bubbsboy for a fuller description of exactly what I believe in.

Always a pleasure

Onwards and upwards

Roddy

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2016 2:56 AM

courteneyfish:

roddy1234:

"Poaching" seems to be the new traditional way...I'm not even sure what it means any more. I guess people have the right to choose any CC they want, regardless of how the offer was made. In this case, the OP left (maybe had a falling out with the previous owner), the CC then abruptly closed and members were left homeless. Those people moved on to other CCs. A new CC has emerged, and Roddy is simply advertising that fact. I personally see no harm in this. 

What I don't understand is why people would willingly join a CC with a lengthy pending list, to just sit in limbo... there are so many CCs that could easily absorb them. That, to me, is a head scratcher.

ct

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2016 2:58 AM

roddy1234:

bubbsboy:

You always agreed with the last sh!tbag owner mate of yours, so you will no doubt do the same as he......So folk will be warned.

You defended his cowboy and Arnie posting if folks did not earn the XPS you demanded.

Sling your hook. Dont feel you will ever get to the top bracket but you will try by hook or by CROOK.........long way to go.

And when you state you will be looking for new members soon.......make sure they aint attached to clubs..........folks tend to dislike poaching clubs!!!!!!

Fear same result

Roddy

P.S. I wasn't overly surprised when looking at your profile to see that Henry had left you a supportive comment hee hee

Well you may have been overly surprised in seeing the others on my wall.

P.S You be careful when WyattHamilton comes calling, he doesnt do it to well established clubs as much, as no point.

[shrugs shoulders, leaves shaking head and grinning]

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2016 3:02 AM

ct690911:
     The CC has re-opened, and Roddy is simply advertising that fact. 

It isn't a fact. You can't re-open a CC. This is a different club with a different owner.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2016 3:08 AM

"P.S You be careful when Wyatt Hamilton comes calling, he doesnt do it to well established clubs as much, as no point."

No CC is safe from W-H. My view is, if someone leaves an established CC, and chooses to sit on the BDH pending list forever?... then good riddance.

ct

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2016 3:10 AM

courteneyfish:

ct690911:
     The CC has re-opened, and Roddy is simply advertising that fact. 

It isn't a fact. You can't re-open a CC. This is a different club with a different owner.

My apologies, Courteney...you are correct (as usual).  I will amend my original post.

ct

RSS