Forums

Help › Forums

Remove flag stick and put it back in

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 23 2020 5:08 AM (21 replies)
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Mon, Mar 7 2016 12:19 PM

I've spent that last half hour watching random stuff on YouTube, mostly a load of bollox.

Thanks for posting something that's worth watching, you did a fine job.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Mar 7 2016 5:13 PM

MainzMan:
    I've spent that last half hour watching random stuff on YouTube,

Ya gotta get out more man !! ;-)

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Mon, Mar 28 2016 5:41 AM

hakman123:

The outcome of the shot is determined the instant you hit the ball....

Thanks for the explanation, hakman123.

I'm a mobile player and although I can remove the flag stick before the shot is taken it doesn't get replaced until I'm viewing the next shot, so it makes it difficult to see where the hole is. I understand there will always be differences between the regular and mobile versions but I'm hoping WGT can add this for us mobile players. Then maybe I won't get things like THIS happening to me... :)

• GoldenCapybarra
    118 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2020 7:06 PM

It would be nice if you could remove the stick when on the fringe but there's no flagstick to click with no layout image there. I often chip, flop or pitch from the fringe. Even if you putt, it would be good to remove at times.

thanks for an informative thread

GCB

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2020 11:10 AM

GoldenCapybarra:

It would be nice if you could remove the stick when on the fringe but there's no flagstick to click with no layout image there. I often chip, flop or pitch from the fringe. Even if you putt, it would be good to remove at times.

thanks for an informative thread

GCB

you are wrong, You can remove the flagstick when on the fringe. I tested it today on all platforms. Flash ,mobile and the new desktop version, You do have to choose another shot type other than putt for the flag to be there to pull, But you can remove the flagstick after choosing another shot type. 

• JoelBensenor
    17 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2020 4:26 PM

Hakman has already given an excellent comment on why most of top players take the flag out and then put it back, since the shot is not affected.

Since I am not a great player, I never trusted my shots could be THAT close and hit the flagstick, but after this shot I'm going to share, I follow them and take the flag out, just in case.

This is how your first ever hole in one is denied: 

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=766705cd-f1f1-41df-91c7-ac380188dcca

Peace, 

Joel.

RSS