Forums

Help › Forums

mini world cup 2016

Tue, Jul 11 2017 11:08 AM (1,381 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 2:30 AM

Paul, if you get time could you please change the listed matches for No quitters v Wooden Tee on the main list, it's causing some confusion here. Ta.

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 11:31 AM

DodgyPutter:

Paul, if you get time could you please change the listed matches for No quitters v Wooden Tee on the main list, it's causing some confusion here. Ta.

ok will do

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 1:26 PM

Group 2, round 5.

Bridgestone vs Southern England

MainzMan vs Borat74 resulted in a win for Borat, 44 to 43.

A great game, very close all the way through, I don't think we were more than a shot apart the whole time.

A silly bogie from me on the 15th (I think) followed by a great birdie on #16 made the difference in the end.  Thanks for the game, it was a blast.

• Borat74
    2,787 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 1:33 PM

Cheers Bud was a great game and could of gone either way,Great company as was in round 2 game,Cheers m8

• hyrus
    287 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 9:27 PM

Eros Rickymoo wins 64 - 68 hyrus  Legends of the World

Putting was mean to me but I had 11 one putts 5 2 putts and 2 3 putts which was great for me at that goat ranch - He played nearly mistake free and made some great putts to stay ahead.

He was also a great guy and I hope i have made another friend in this goofy sport.

If this doesn't improve your game, nothin will.

Chuck

Somehow after each one of these games, even though i have lost 3 and tied one

I felt like I have gained something. Maybe it was just something virtual, but it was still something. Good fun

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 8:40 AM

Group 4 Round 5

UKGElite v GOSharks

Liam91 v Paulton

I kept up with Mike quite well on the front nine, he was -5, I was -4. On the back 9 I got sloppy with my approaches to the saucer shaped greens and despite many near things I just couldn't get any birds apart from one hole out pitch (pre-called by me, lol) but that only cancelled out a bogey. Meanwhile Mike kept on going the way he started with another -5 nine. No shame in losing to a great player like Mike.

This really was a very enjoyable round, 2 friends sharing some life experiences and having a laugh chatting as we played.

It's a pleasure having Mike on my friends list, great guy.

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 9:04 AM

hey paul

so it was 46-2 =44 to mike and 40 to you then,you only lost by 4 points,closer than you think mate

paul

• liam91
    3,130 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 9:05 AM

PaulTon:

This really was a very enjoyable round, 2 friends sharing some life experiences and having a laugh chatting as we played.

It's a pleasure having Mike on my friends list, great guy.

right back at you my friend

those life experiences you've eluded to,your kind thoughts and words of support meant alot Paul.thanks 

Mike

• BombShelly
    1,010 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 9:18 AM

Hi all, Ive been out with a bad back for a couple weeks, but watched the game between RickyMoo and Hyrus last night, and I have to say something...

Chuck (hyrus) is such a CLASS ACT!!! I admit, while I have to root for my team, I was also rooting for Chuck. What a heck of a guy. AND he plays World of Tanks, too! LOL

I think my favorite part was around the 15th hole... It was pretty obvious what the outcome would be, but Chuck typed something in the chatbox like "I'm still trying. I'm not giving up". That's the spirit, Chuck. You won my heart on that one.

Chuck, it was great fun watching the game. You didnt win in this case, but you are still certainly a winner in my book.  Sending a friend request... Hope you'll accept.

XOXOX,

Shelly

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 12:40 PM

Result from group 2,  SEL vs Bridgestone

AVMT18 beat Stevereilly   45-42.

Sorry I couldn't produce any cards,  but a Disco on 12 meant we had to restart the back 9.  Matt was a cracking opponent and a really nice guy to chat with,  and his game was exceptional.   Try as I might to put him off,  he still hit those darts to within 3 foot or so.

RSS