Help › Forums

Original Best Of Par 3 4 and 5

Thu, Sep 14 2017 6:27 PM (21 replies)
  • Luciano18
    316 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2016 2:09 PM

WGT

I was thinking this would happen and it did

Why the removal of the original Best Of Courses ?

Along with the New ones, they could have augmented, and allowed, some (more) interesting Country Club tourneys with more options

Was there no way to have Both sets of Par 3 4 5? Or did I misunderstand (would not be the 1st time)

I have not played the "new" ones yet, so I'm interested to see them 

Just wondering - and a little saddened

Luciano

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2016 2:54 PM

I agree, we could have had the best ofs and the other best ofs. Or at least call the first set "the best of" then the second set" the not quite best of" , apart from the few holes that are in both as will qualify for "the best of" and "the not quite the best of". That may bring a bit confusement i suppose. Best leave it now. 

Custard on your sausages sir!

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2016 3:27 PM

bubbsboy:

I agree, we could have had the best ofs and the other best ofs. Or at least call the first set "the best of" then the second set" the not quite best of" , apart from the few holes that are in both as will qualify for "the best of" and "the not quite the best of". That may bring a bit confusement i suppose. Best leave it now. 

Custard on your sausages sir!

I played the BO 5's on the "new courses"& saw that hole 10 is 6 from Pebble.  Pure rubbish.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2016 3:34 PM

New par 5 's look fine

Who ever came up with best of 4 , must be red tee champs.

It is as easy as best of famous .

• sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2016 4:59 PM

siggipj76:

New par 5 's look fine

Who ever came up with best of 4 , must be red tee champs.

It is as easy as best of famous .

Well I just played the best of 4, in an Alt with players of a similar standard.   Whilst I agree the course is not as hard as the old best of 4 (toughest challenge on the game) it is a fantastic Alt/matchplay course.

Play it,  all the holes are risk and reward (bar 1  IMHO) and I think it is a great addition to the game and wish to send my thanks for those who set this up and their consideration into making it happen.  Good job guys.

Sara

• fairground11
    1,211 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2016 2:51 PM

i think the new best of 5s is a vast improvement

played it yesterday and only had 2 eagle putts due to distances not missed greens

i remember i used to have at least 8 a round on the old one

whilst the old one felt more like best of par 4,33 or something this is truly a par 5 course

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2016 7:45 PM

Could be we are going to be losing Cabo and Whistler  and we could not have their holes in  the  best of courses. Just a thought.

• SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2016 5:12 PM

i like the bo3 course back 9 challenging..

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2016 6:40 PM

borntobesting:

Could be we are going to be losing Cabo and Whistler  and we could not have their holes in  the  best of courses. Just a thought.

Yes, that was exactly the point of the re-jig.

sarak362336:
    Whilst I agree the course is not as hard as the old best of 4 (toughest challenge on the game) it is a fantastic Alt/matchplay course.

What I'd consider a good MP/Alt shot course is one where there is possibility of swapping holes on most holes. On the new set up ,(F9 esp) most of the holes would likely be halved in birdies. Going for birdies here is more of a necessity than a risk.

PS: Nice they got the back pin for ST And #1. Much more playable for lower tiers.

RSS