Forums

Help › Forums

Ball Durability

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 8 2021 12:46 PM (34 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Mar 2 2011 6:01 PM

Thanks Long, you're quite right about the GI2-Ds being a good buy at 64 credits per sleeve.  Just a tad faster meter, same durability and distance as the GI3-D.

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2011 6:34 AM

Excellent post andyson...looking forward to the quirky rules and strange facts coming soon. Btw selling balls back  to WGT at the usual sell back price would be a great idea...i have about 80 balls i'll never use.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sat, Mar 5 2011 3:53 PM

racoondad:

Ball Type -- Durability -- Hits -- 9-hole Round per $*

WGT GI-S Ball -- 2-dot -- 120 hits -- 35 Rd/$

WGT GI3-D Ball -- 1.5-dot -- 110 hits -- 16.7 Rd/$  (reported by andyson)

WGT Tour GI-SD Ball -- 1-dot -- 90 hits -- 11.5 Rd/$

WGT Legend GI2-SD2 Ball -- 1.5-dot -- 95 hits -- 8.8 Rd/$  (confirmed by andyson)

Callaway Tour i(s) Ball -- 2.5-dot -- 120 hits -- 6.9 Rd/$

* This is the number of 9-hole rounds you can play with every dollar (or 100 credits) you spend on the type of balls. It is calculated based on 21 hits per 9-hole round (par 36 and 67% green-in-regulation) and ball color with the lowest price.

Great post;

I presently use the calloway Legend balls which has a rating of 2 dots of durability.   I am definitely not seeing 95 hits / ball with a durability rating of 1.5 dots.   Assuming you reach the green in regulation and putts don't count against the durability of the ball that would translate to 5.3 9-hole rounds.  I am lucky that I get 2 rounds / ball.  Which also has a 2 dots of durability.  Could someone please check the durability of the ball on WGT's end.

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Sat, Mar 5 2011 6:33 PM

Hey Andy I think the United Nations C.C should give you one of their fancy ribbons as an Honorary Nobell Award. If not give your self one for all the GREAT work you do in these forums, you keep us informed and laughing all at the same time.  THANKS ANDY....

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Mar 6 2011 5:12 AM

OkieX:

The dots mean whatever WGT wants them too.

Now go get your wallet.

Very sarcastic and funny....nicely done!

• mlholler
    4 Posts
    Sun, Mar 6 2011 11:30 AM

I played all the balls and picked the one i liked best...not callaway

• hitemstraight51
    1 Posts
    Sun, Mar 6 2011 11:31 AM

seems like none last very long...

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Sun, Mar 6 2011 11:47 AM

andyson:

Thanks Long, you're quite right about the GI2-Ds being a good buy at 64 credits per sleeve.  Just a tad faster meter, same durability and distance as the GI3-D.

thanks andy... You read my mind as I was about to write  a post asking "what is best ball for the money?"

--bear

• Browning3
    102 Posts
    Sun, Mar 6 2011 1:43 PM

OUTSTANDING WORK!! Not sure if WFT can ignore this kind of reserch..Compelling to say the least!

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Sun, Mar 6 2011 3:15 PM

Infinito3010:

I presently use the calloway Legend balls which has a rating of 2 dots of durability.   I am definitely not seeing 95 hits / ball with a durability rating of 1.5 dots.   Assuming you reach the green in regulation and putts don't count against the durability of the ball that would translate to 5.3 9-hole rounds.  I am lucky that I get 2 rounds / ball.  Which also has a 2 dots of durability.  Could someone please check the durability of the ball on WGT's end.

Has wgt ever stated exactly how many hits equal 1 dot of durability?

I have read what players believe to be true but is there an official figure?

RSS