Forums

Help › Forums

Where's your local course?

Wed, Oct 5 2011 6:43 AM (40 replies)
  • YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 12:22 PM

Mine is the YancyLand Par-2 course.

Its 5 holes........mostly. When my neighbor across street is away, we play a 6th hole that is a 44 yarder over the street into his gardenia beds.

• bbeards4
    189 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 8:26 PM

piztaker:

Beautiful place Piz.... lucky man... enjoy it man....

• bbeards4
    189 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 8:32 PM

craigswan:

I have a 6 hole par 3 pitch and putt course 500 yards from home .Difficult as hell .If you miss you end up in a tattie field or on a main road .And the cows make moo all day long .

craigswan.... i have a similar place just down the road from me ... 9 hole pitch and putt (gavilan golf course - gilroy California) that is one of the most difficult places ive ever played... wind blows so hard some days the ball vibrates at address.. no joke... and about 5 miles north of that is a place that is pristine that Johnny miller made (eagle ridge - gilroy California ) that is very cool as well...

http://www.golfable.com/golfcourses/courses/Gilroy_CA_Gavilan_Golf_Course

http://www.eagleridgegc.com/

• bbeards4
    189 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 8:36 PM

appy2:

Craig, your course sounds fun and close to your house is even better. I have one that is 25 miles away I play quite often during Summer. It is located in Oakland California. It is Lake Chabot Golf Course. Has 2 great holes, #9 Par 3 151 Yards from White Tees and around a 100 Foot Drop straight down. Also #18 656 Yards Par 6 all down hill. It is a great fun Hole. Longest drive that they have had is 427 yards. 

www.lakechabotgolf.com

Also in Oakland is one of my favorites called Metropolitan golf links (also Johnny Miller) that i LOVE for some reason... love that style... as close to links around here as you can get ( i immagine)

http://ww.playmetro.com/

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 10:59 PM

Ben Hawes Park

Located West of Owensboro, Ben Hawes Park offers opportunities for fun and education. On the park grounds are the remains of a deep coal mine operation that thrived from the early 1900s through the 1950s. Several buildings remain that can be reached by hiking trails. Park benches are conveniently located around the mine site. Along the wooded countryside of the park, there is an outdoor classroom where nature classes can be held.

Ben Hawes Golf CourseThis park has an eighteen hole regulation course and a nine hole par 3 course. The front nine on the Ben Hawes Course was built on hilly terrain and its back nine was built on flat terrain. This excellent course offers 6,632 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 71. You choose the 18-hole course or a par 3 nine-hole course. The Pro Shop offers pull carts, golf cars and rental clubs plus a full line of golf apparel and the latest in clubs and balls. This is a great course for all skill levels of golfer. The ladies’ par is actually 76. The signature hole is #9, a 444-yard, par 4, requiring a long tee shot up a fairway with out-of-bounds stakes guarding the left and huge oak trees on the right, and also avoiding the ditch 200 yards off the tee box. For Tee times call 270-687-7137.

Ben Hawes Grand Opening Photos

Golf Course

Par 3     $10 (Play all day)

Par 3 Night Golf

Open Friday and Saturday nights until 10 p.m May 27 through October 29.

Par 3 after 4 p.m. is only $6 per perons.

Not tee time required.

2011 Rates and Fees

9 Holes 18 Holes
    Greens Fee Weekdays $10.00 $15.00
    Greens Fee Weekend/Holidays $10.00 $18.00
    Cart Rental $7.00 $10.00
    *After 4 p.m. $12.00 $17.00
    *Includes Cart Rental

Passes

2011 Pass Holder Rates
    (Good at Ben Hawes and Hillcrest)
    Junior (18 & under) $250
    Adults $450
    Family Unlimited $550
    Senior (55+) $350
    Annual Rolling Fee $250

Driving Range

$2 per token (20 golf balls) – The basket will hold 40 balls.

Dress Code

Men are required to wear shirts with sleeves . Ladies: sleeveless golfing attire for ladies is permitted due to the design of ladies golf wear.  The following pertains to all golfers: No cut off shorts of any type and no swimwear.

This course opened about 40 years ago as a city course. It was the first full 18 hole public course in our city. After it had been open maybe 10 years the state of Kentucky made it part of the state park system. Just this past summer due to the fact that the state never fully developed the park as planned and was losing money on it they gave it back to the city in exchange for a city owned lot to build a new state building. In the first year that the city had owned it again they have already made more improvements in the courses than the State did in the 30 years or so that it was a state park. The lighted par 3 course was an original idea of the state 25 yeas ago but they never did it. The city got it done is less than 8 months. 

Hillcrest Golf Course

Hillcrest Golf Course

Hillcrest Golf Course

Hillcrest Golf Course is the city’s beautiful, year-round, 9-hole municipal golf course.  It offers a pro shop, practice green and chipping green. The bermuda fairways, tees and bent grass greens are in wonderful condition.  So call now for your tee time and come out and enjoy a relaxing time at Hillcrest Golf Course located at 4346 Old Hartford Road.   

Pro Shop Phone - 270-687-8717   

Thanks to all the businesses for playing in the golf leagues!  

Daily Fees     2011 Pass Holder Rates 
    9 Hole Grees Fee $10    Junior (18 & Under) $250
    9 Hole Cart $7    Adult $450 
    18 Hole Grees Fee $15    Family Unlimited $550 
    18 Hole Cart $10    Senior (55 +) $350 
    All Day Greens Fee $18    Annual Rolling Fee $250 
    All Day Cart $12        
    Weekend 18 Hole $13        
    Weekend Cart $12        

Daily Discounts

Senior (55+) – 18 holes with cart – $17
    Happy Hour – after 4 p.m. (For EVERYBODY) – 9 holes with cart – $12   

Monday and Recreational Business Leagues

9 hole scramble every Monday Night in June and July
    $100 per team for Monday Night Business League – includes weekely prizes, pizza, ana awards   

$12 per person per week for the Recreational Business League – includes greens fee and cart   

Ladies Day

9 a.m. every Wednesday
    $17 – 18 holes with cart   

Thursday Morning Senior (55+) Scramble

8 a.m. – $8 plus green fee
    Blind draw to form teams   

USGA Handicaps

Want to get your handicap? Join the Hillcrst Golf Association to get your handicap, plus more! For $25 you can play in four association tournaments. You also save $2 on weekly Scrambles!   

Course Rating/Slope

Red (Ladies) 2512 yds/5024 yds – 67.0/118   

Golf (Senior) 2512 yds/2024 yds – 62.8/113   

White/Blue (Men’s) 2777 yds/5024 yds – 65.8/117   

Black (Championship) 3025 yds/6050 yds – 67.4/122   

Come out and take advantage of our after 4:00 discount of 9 holes and cart for only $12 per person!   

Come out and enjoy Hillcrest Golf Course – Fun for All Ages!

This is the other city owned course. This is where I learned to play golf over 50 years ago. And as it is maybe 1/2 mile from where I went to high school, I would walk from school to th course 2 or 3 days a week and play. And during the spring I got to play free as it was our high school golf teams home course we were allowed to play free during the golf season. This courses' future is in doubt. The city has expressed the desire to close it after getting the other course back from the state. They are looking for a buyer to keep it open but so far it doesn't look too good.

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2011 4:46 PM

This is mine . . . the most stunning views of any course in the world

http://www.millportgolfclub.co.uk/Millport_Golf_Club/Welcome.html

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2011 6:05 AM

The Chateau Elan, just outside Atlanta, is a golfer's paradise.

Named one of the top places to golf in Atlanta, the hotel has two 18-hole courses, a golf academy, a 9-hole, Par 3 walking course, and is home to The Legends Golf Club, "a private club course available to guests on a space-available basis."

The resort also has  a choice of accomodations. There are the special  Golf Villas alongside the 15th hotel of The Chateau Course which have either two or three bedrooms, fully equipped kitchens, and living rooms complete with television and fireplaces (but you won't need that in the Hotlanta heat.)

If you don't have your perfect foursome, you can stay in one of the 227 rooms and suites at the Chateau Elan Inn. Decked out in French country furnishings the rooms each have oversized baths, king beds and ample closet space if you don't like to trust strangers with your clubs.

http://www.chateauelan.com/energize/golf/

Chateau Course

18 hole regulation length course

Public golf course

71 par | 7,030 yards | 136 slope

73.5 rating

Woodlands Course

Public golf course

72 par | 6,738 yards | 131 slope

72.5 rating

Legends Course

Private Non-Equity golf course

72 par | 6,781 yards | 132 slope

73.1 rating

• maruschak
    572 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2011 9:10 AM

My Daughter lives in Dacula,..stones throw from Chateau Elan. I played there one time,..."beautiful" to say the least!

My first visit there was several years ago when the " Pros" were playing a "World Golf Tout" event,.......the tournament was canceled due to inclement weather that day. I was walking into the hotel's front entrance and literally bumped into Ernie Els,...almost knocking me to the ground,..he extended his arm in attempt to stop my fall!! I was "flabbergasted!!"

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2011 9:39 AM

maruschak:

My Daughter lives in Dacula,..stones throw from Chateau Elan. I played there one time,..."beautiful" to say the least!

My first visit there was several years ago when the " Pros" were playing a "World Golf Tout" event,.......the tournament was canceled due to inclement weather that day. I was walking into the hotel's front entrance and literally bumped into Ernie Els,...almost knocking me to the ground,..he extended his arm in attempt to stop my fall!! I was "flabbergasted!!"

Yeah, Chateau Elan is quite beautiful. I live 10 minutes from there. I got to play the Legends course with a customer who happens to live in there. Amazingly beautiful but tough as hell.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2011 11:22 AM

Here's mine, site of the 1989 US Open and the 2013 PGA. Right down the street and you have to be the second coming of Bill Gates to play there.  :(

RSS