Forums

Help › Forums

does anyone know any streaming sites that do player cam?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 17 2016 8:25 PM (9 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2016 5:35 PM

Most likely not...would probably take 4 or 5 cameras around a player to capture what he/she is doing...i/e

Say you have a camera just bhing the player as he/she is hitting the ball...

What would yo see?...not much:)

So,(IMO) you'd need a camera that could be at ground level to see the lie angle, another to see the wind from the players perspective, one that could actually see the real aim, another focosing on the grip used for the shot, another looking to see how the club face is...and the swing plane...all for a 125 yard wedge shot...just too much going on that them  guys/gals do automatically, without much thought.

I think about the best you could get is look at the old tapes of "Shells Wonderful World of Golf"...I think  that is what it was...some great play by some of the best...Jack, Gary...etc...anyway...just having a Camera behind a player...or heck, even on his/her hat, all you will see is the ball flight...and get dizzy as the head looks around 20 times in 2 seconds:)

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2016 6:47 PM

I saw one in a magazine over the weekend at Barnes & Nobles book stores. It was a Drone gift magazine in a format like Consumer Reports. The darn drone was over $1200.00 for it. But it had a camera that you could operate from your smart phone, had long flight time, & was quiet in flight. And there was even an article about actual Flight School in Colorado that you could attend and get certified to fly the big drones; like the military have. Very cool magazine.

Kind of looked like this one

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2016 4:18 PM

@ the OP,

Aware it's not exactly what you are after but here's every single shot (66) during Rory's final round of 2015  -  a good watch nonetheless.

Doubt you'll find a channel that broadcasts following just the one player live though.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2016 4:35 PM

The closest I've seen is on BBC at  The Open (and possibly on big US events websites) where you can use the interactive button and choose to follow a specific group round the course. There's a limited choice of who you can follow, usually the top 3 or four groups/pairs.

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2016 11:10 AM

That;s what they need,,,,Caddy cam's...LOL

navi USMC

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2016 10:24 PM

I dont remember the name of the show but on the Golf Channel there was a show a few years ago similar to what you want. They sowed the shots from several different cameras and also talked to the playe about how he was playing each shot. It followed 1 player in a 9 hole round I believe.

• kersh1976
    2,790 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2016 4:42 AM

PaulTon:

The closest I've seen is on BBC at  The Open (and possibly on big US events websites) where you can use the interactive button and choose to follow a specific group round the course. There's a limited choice of who you can follow, usually the top 3 or four groups/pairs.

Yes that was a good Idea from the BBC. I hope Sky will do something similar this year.

RSS