Help › Forums

I need opinions

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 6 2009 11:01 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 11:18 AM

What do u guys think the odds are of someone shooting a 61 at Bethpage and Kiawah the same day that they join WGT?

• shortstop
    2,259 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 11:59 AM

I have notice that too in the 9 hole tournaments. I have looked at the leader board and the leader has only been a member for less than a month and has a better rating than me.  I think WGT should not let people enter tournaments unless they have around 50 to 100 ranked rounds of play.  I think that would eliminate the people with more than one accounts who want to just win tournaments.

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 12:00 PM

ZERO

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 12:23 PM

I guess the real question should be.... Do u guys think that WGT has the right to take some sort of action against "obvious" multi-account cheats based solely on substantial evidence? I mean... even if they don't have the technology to prove the offense by way of ip address tracking or credit card info....I understand that some may slip through the cracks if you only use substantial evidence but if a blatant offense occurs and the username is sent to WGT, it seems like a no brainer. Any lawyers care to comment on what may seem like a somewhat trivial matter???? lol

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 12:26 PM

Just a technical note: you meant circumstantial rather than substantial evidence.

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 1:05 PM

Thanks Faterson. I knew something did not sound right about that. You seem like an intelligent person. I have read many of your posts. What is your "legal" take on this?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 1:26 PM

Sorry, I'm a translator frequently dealing with legal documents, but couldn't offer a relevant legal opinion.

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 2:19 PM

I have a couple of opinions regarding this subject.  1.) there is no chance in hell that someone could shoot a 61 on both courses the first day they join.  2)  WGT's lack of oncern for these multiple account holders is by far the worst part about this game.  But as they say:  Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and everybody elses stinks. 

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 2:28 PM

Hi everyone, just because someone shoots a 61 the "first" time they play and get to the top of a leaderboard, doesn't mean they will stay there. We remove these people when the tournament ends and we verify the scores. We also disable their accounts.

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 2:37 PM

Thanks Alex. I didnt know if you guys would do that based on circumstantial evidence. (Thanks Faterson) I'm sure this will make everyone feel a lot better

• PAGES
RSS