Forums

Help › Forums

Wolf Creek in Real Life

Thu, Dec 13 2012 2:04 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TugboatDoug
    2 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2011 6:43 AM

I was in Vegas last weekend on vacation with some buddies, and a fellow WGT'er and I decided to trek over to Mesquite (about 85 miles) and try out Wolf Creek in real life. I can honestly say I've never enjoyed playing a golf course more in my life.

Absolutely spectacular course in terrific shape...From the views from the tees, the elevation changes, different shots the course demands...so much fun! For any WGT players planning to spend some time at the tables in Vegas, I can't recommend enough that you set aside time to play Wolf Creek!!

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2011 9:55 AM

Thanks for the Wolf Creek review Tugboat!  We also love that course and would recommend it to anyone who plays golf!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2011 10:05 AM

Now if we could only do it here...........    :-)

• cyl6
    347 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2011 10:38 AM

I had the chance to play it when in Vegas 5 years ago - it's a great track. Glad you enjoyed it Tugboat! I still get email promotions from them regularly - it's a great deal. Need to rent a car though -that was the biggest hurdle in getting to Mesquite.

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2011 11:27 AM

I've been to the US a few times and I have yet to find a bad course!  Played a few at Myrtle Beach, Kiawah Island (including the Ocean Course in 1993), Hilton Head, Arizona (TPC Scottsdale and Greyhawk), Vegas and Dallas (Cottonwood Valley at TPC Four Seasons, home of the Byron Nelson Championship).  You should come to the UK and see what crap we can provide you with!

• craigswan
    30,950 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2011 12:54 PM

Gleneagles is a favourite of mine in scotland .On a sunny day the scenery is to die for .

The new one being built by donald trump outside aberdeen get,s rave reports .

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2011 8:48 AM

Without a doubt the most stunning course I've ever played (not that I've played that many).  The memories of my trip in October '09 are still fresh in my head!  I got to play it twice, many many thanks to WGT!!  It will be a trip I will remember forever.  And the course was in spectacular condition!  Every time I play the CTTH here the memories come flooding back, but in all honesty, even in HD, the pictures just don't do the course any justice.  Some of the elevations make your heart skip a beat when you literally climb up 100 or so feet to the tee box and peer over the edge down a 200+ foot ravine!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2011 10:39 AM
    Wolf is only a 5 1/2 hour drive for me. Played it three times. It has my number. 91, 89 and 82. But even the 91 was the smallest part of an otherwise perfect experience. The weather is clear as a bell. And the neighborhood, most agreeable. Prices are modest for what you recieve and you can gamble. However, I prefer the Palm Springs neighborhood with about 110 different venues. Big Horn being a bit like Wolf, but harder.
  • dacarthy
    4 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2011 2:25 PM

photos?

• Jimbo555
    158 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 4:33 PM
  • PAGES
RSS