Forums

Help › Forums

2009 World Golf Team Best Ball Championship

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 21 2009 3:42 PM (103 replies)
  • cobra4
    359 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 2:22 AM

Arod..can u be a bit more specific on the rules please.Am i right in thinking that if your patner is, lets say -3 and you are +3, that will make your final score evens ?.Or is it  who has the best score out of you and your partner.And in case of a tie break  what happens there ?

Thanx Cobra 4

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 4:51 AM

Using this format it's your team best score for each hole versus the other team best score to see who win the hole.  Then it's like matchplay for the remainder of the holes.  I guess if after 9 holes the team are still even then you play sudden death in extra hole with the first team to win any hole declare the winner.  This is the normal procedure unless Arod has different ideas.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 5:14 AM

ARod007,  Just for your information, you need to change the name of your tournament. It is against the rules and regulations to use WGT in any tournament  unless you have their permission.  This might become an issue.

• ARod007
    122 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 10:15 AM

Here is the Final Bracket. I need one more team to fill in the 16th Seed. If I don't get a team by midnight eastern time, I would give the number 1 team a free bye.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AqWI_nBIethidHFkV19sYjVScTNfQ3NmZ2ZlLThrMmc&hl=en

• scummings
    56 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 10:18 AM

I would love to get in this, I dont have a partner though. anyone else in this boat and we could be the 16th team?

• ChrisCrosby
    243 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 10:48 AM

I'll play with Scummings

• scummings
    56 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 10:51 AM

there we go, team 16 finished! forgot to post my avg. Pro 67.02

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 11:19 AM

ARod007:

Hello their folks, here's this new Championship format for World Golf Tour.  It's a two man team competiting against other two man team best ball format. A best ball format is when both player's are using their own ball but use the lowest score or the best score between the two.  It's very simple form you're two man team and get back to me  by the end of the month so I can create the bracket for the 32 team field.  So get going and form you're team and let me know who you're going to be playing against. 

Email me for questions at district07golfer@gmail.com

I will be using the 9 hole multiplay that we've been using regurely.  So please help me get this tournament going. 

Thanks, ARod007

P.S. Also the Single Elimination Tournament that I posted has been cancelled.. I couldn't understand the Google Documents..

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AqlWaotlEfeZdFAxdEI5eEo5TWF4aE1PR3VDWXF4Tnc&hl=en

Why not use the "MyLeague" section of the Case's Ladder site to perform all the work for you regarding a Team tourney or ladder....HBThree

www.myleague.com

• ARod007
    122 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 11:22 AM

thank you to Scummings and ChrisCosby but some bad news for you guys is that I already put the 15 teams I had into their respective seedings. But here is the updated final Bracket, I'll try to get everyone post tonight after I play Golf.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AqWI_nBIethidHFkV19sYjVScTNfQ3NmZ2ZlLThrMmc&hl=en

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 3:10 PM

ARod .. not to question your pairings but ... how did pigkiller and coolswing ... with a combined 129 average (the best in the tourney by 3 strokes) ... get to be the 10th seed ???    Not that I mind playing them.  Piggy and I have had some fabulous matches.   I'm just curious on how the seeding worked ... :)

Piggy ... I look forward to teeing it up again with you ...

RSS