Help › Forums

Can I go back to being a Pro once I become a Master

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 24 2009 3:51 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • gatadawg25
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 10:24 PM

I know what a few of yall will say, but I am going to post this anyway. I have sucked it up from the Master level over the past week. Sandbagging is out of the question for me. Thats not my style. I would just like to know if you can go down in your level. I was only able to compete in the closest to the pin competitions at the PRO level. Now they are Random Drawing. I am just glad I like video games and have nothing else to in this crappy Obamaconomy.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 11:00 PM

Hi,

The answer to your query is - NOPE !!

Once a master always a master.

Cheers Doug

• ChesterMcGanahan
    17 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 11:12 PM

S&P up 21% since you know who took charge. That's not crappy. Crappy will describe my scores on BPB if I ever reach master. I still can't seem to reliably judge the carry distance with the long irons on a few holes. The difficulty is good overall, though.

• gatadawg25
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 11:23 PM

Im not too sure what you mean by "S&P up 21% since you know who took charge", but I have shot under par once in my last 10 rounds probably. The long irons are inconsistent as in air time varies drastically sometimes. I know what you are talking about there.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 11:59 PM

Chester, though that information is technically accurate it would be like saying Babe Ruth had 714 home runs without mentioning he also had 1330 strike outs. :)

Since Inauguration Day, the S&P 500 Tech Sector is up over 16% while the S&P 500 Utilities Sector is down over 11%.  Also down are the Consumer Staples, Energy and Healthcare Sectors while the Consumer Discretionary Sector is up ~8%.

I apologize to any longtime forum users who "c wut i did there"  ;-)

P.S. dorkfeatures is right.

• gatadawg25
    5 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2009 12:07 AM

Thanks for the follow up on that one. Great analogy by the way. So on to the topic of the thread, I AM STUCK IN MASTER LEVEL. Thanks for the information.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2009 12:14 AM

You just gotta keep at it man.  It's a difficult task to keep up with those Starter sticks though.  If you're serious, you should invest in the $8 Tour Starter clubset.  It should help you out quite a bit.  Once you start seeing real results you may consider upgrading again when trade-ins start and you can get some money back for your previously bought clubs.

Good luck!

• Syn7aX
    64 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2009 7:43 AM

I have had the Tour Starter set for a little while now and since all the new clubs came out I can't crack the top 20 in weekly tournaments anymore.  Just this week I noticed that there might be one other player other than myself that shot a 32 or lower using just the tour starter set.  I used to be able to make some decent credits in the weekly tournys, but that is not the case anymore.  And it seems like they made the tour starter set worse lately.  I can't even shoot what I used to shoot with this set.  I am trying my hardest not to put any more money into the game and just use winnings for upgrades, but at some point I guess I am going to have to bite the bullet and put more actaul cash into the game if I even want to be competitive.  Too bad there isn't tournys that you have to use specific club sets...pipe dream, I know.  ;)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2009 11:42 AM

For what it's worth Syn7ax, I've shot a 59 on Bethpage twice this month using Tour Starter Irons.  Granted, I have an upgraded driver, wedge set and putter, but still those same Tour Starters.

Don't give up on the irons at least, but also consider looking at the Raptures too. :)

• Syn7aX
    64 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2009 12:16 PM

I have Tour starter everything.  I dont mind the irons.  If I had a good driver, wedges and putter,  think I could shoot pretty low more consistently.

• PAGES
RSS