Forums

Help › Forums

Forum Bug: Author Names on Subforum Webpages

Mon, Feb 8 2010 10:49 AM (5 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2009 2:17 PM

The AUTHOR column on the subforum webpages listing the threads in the various subforums, is dysfunctional. Right now, the AUTHOR column always displays the name of the poster who made the latest contribution to a thread, although it should display the name of the thread starter. Names of persons who made the most recent contributions are already listed below thread titles, in the format Latest post by X. So, you currently get to see the name of the most recent poster twice for each thread (duplicate information), while the names of thread starters are displayed nowhere.

(As an example, the current top thread in this subforum is Reporting game errors during gameplay. The Bug Log subforum webpage lists Snaike both in the AUTHOR column and under Latest post by Snaike. The thread was in fact started by WGTalex, so her name should be listed in the AUTHOR column. Same bug for all the other threads in all the other subforums on this site.)

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 11:27 AM

... just wondering why this hasn't been addressed yet... sort of a ??? more than anything, but it would be nice to see the thread starter under "Author". Noticed it immediately upon joning the forums... seems like an "easy fix", unless I'm missing something?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 11:47 AM

Many "easy fixes" (at least by their appearance) aren't addressed. Take that quadruple alphabetic listing of Friends. If you have over 100 friends, locating a person by having to search through four (!) separate alphabetic lists is a nightmare. How hard should be it be, from the programming point of view, to ensure that the Friends lists aren't case-sensitive? Yet no fix has been provided for months now...

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 5:00 PM

Thanks for pointing this out. It will be fixed in an upcoming release, although it is not very high on our priority list.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 5:03 PM

I am sorry.. but I really have to laugh at this thread.

Alex, I know you all are doing your level best to make WGT as great as it can be... but please look at Mr. Faterson's original post date.  7/22/09.  One has to wonder how it made it two months (and exactly one other reply) until you all (WGT) took notice of it?

Thank you for letting us know that you are aware of the issue and thank you for telling us that it is in the works... and I do agree, there are far more pressing concerns before we can get to this fix.

Have a nice day.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 10:49 AM

I'd still like to be able to see the "Thread Author" link when scanning the Active Threads. Any way this could be added somewhere near the "latest post" link?

I'd also like to see a "Forum" link that contains the thread. I think that might help in keeping threads more on-topic, hence the reduction of multiple threads of similar topics.

RSS