Help › Forums

10 best Caddy Replies

Fri, May 13 2011 7:14 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Chipsalot
    74 Posts
    Fri, Jan 21 2011 11:34 AM
    10 best Caddy Replies

IF IT'S IMPORTANT FOR CADDIES TO BE HONEST IN THEIR EXPRESSIONS TO HELP THE GOLFER FOR WHOM THEY ARE CADDYING, THEN THIS GUY IS GOOD AT HIS JOB.

10 best Caddy Replies:

# 10 -- Golfer: "Think I'm going to drown myself in the lake."
    Caddy: "Think you can keep your head down that long?"

# 9 -- Golfer: "I'd move heaven and earth to break 100 on this course."
    Caddy: "Try heaven, you've already moved most of the earth."

# 8 -- Golfer: "Do you think my game is improving?"
    Caddy: "Yes sir, you miss the ball much closer now."

# 7 -- Golfer: "Do you think I can get there with a 5 iron?"
    Caddy: "Eventually."

# 6 -- Golfer: "You've got to be the worst caddy in the world."
    Caddy: "I don't think so sir. That would be too much of a coincidence."

# 5 -- Golfer: "Please stop checking your watch all the time. It's too much
    of a distraction."
    Caddy: "It's not a watch - it's a compass."

# 4 -- Golfer: "How do you like my game?"
    Caddy: "Very good sir, but personally, I prefer golf."

# 3 -- Golfer: "Do you think it's a sin to play on Sunday?"
    Caddy: "The way you play, sir, it's a sin on any day."

# 2 -- Golfer: "This is the worst course I've ever played on."
    Caddy: "This isn't the golf course. We left that an hour ago."

# 1 -- Best Caddy Comment .... Golfer: "That can't be my ball, it's too
    old."
    Caddy: "It's been a long time since we teed off, sir."

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Fri, Jan 21 2011 12:30 PM

# 7 -- Golfer: "Do you think I can get there with a 5 iron?"
    Caddy: "Eventually."

LMBO....my son, who is a solid 2hdc, recently said that to me the other day. 

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2011 8:16 AM

Anyone ever hear the Bob & Tom interview with Charles Barkley explaining a discussion he had during a round of golf he played with Tiger Woods?

Tiger teed-off then Charles teed-off, and Tiger said to Charles while walking to their tee-shots, "Did you here about that Super Walmart their going to build"? Charles said, "No, where they going to build it at"? Tiger said, "Somewhere between your tee-shot and mine?

Sorry if I'm off-topic Chipsalot. Your post reminded me of that Bob & Tom interview.

• fabbybabby
    289 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2011 11:34 AM

excellent LMAO!!

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 4:48 PM

When I was about 14 or 15 or so, I used to caddy for a guy who would drink a 40 ounce bottle of whiskey on the front 9 and a 26 ounce bottle on the back 9....in a tournament! (absolute truth! This guy was a RAGING alcoholic!!) (for some reason he didn't win much....go figure, eh?)

Anyway, the first time I caddied for this guy, he pulled his tee-shot on the par-3 4th hole behind a tree.  We walked up to the ball, and he said, "Well caddy, what do you think I should use here?"  I said nothing.....just handed him his whiskey.  I was his regular caddy for the next 2 or 3 years.

He was almost never in contention for anything (he won a KP once), but I've got some of the best stories from working with this guy.  The fact that he paid way more than anyone else, was a "happy drunk", and used to let me and a couple of the other caddies hang out in his RV and drink after each tournament didn't hurt either.

• Ricky1W
    144 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2011 9:16 PM

The very first job I ever had was a caddy at a country club just outside St. Louis Missouri I was twelve yrs old. The cadddy-master chose randomly & one day he calls my number and low & behold I was picked to carry Stan "the man" Musial's golf bag.....a rabid Cardinals baseball fan I was thrilled. After the round Stan signs my paycard but I refused to turn it in and to this very day it is one of my most revered treasures & truly one of my most cherished childhood memories.

• Ricky1W
    144 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2011 9:20 PM

My Daughter used to caddy for me and for the longest time she used to think the name of the game was "AWWWW F@#K!!".

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2011 9:42 PM

I used to caddy for my dad, I only got paid if he won though. Luckily he was a damned good player.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2011 1:28 AM

All of this demonstrates why I have always found it highly embarrassing to use a caddy - besides a general discomfort in being waited on, kowtowed to, patronized or the like. There are some places where caddies are mandatory. There were the beautiful girls in Malaysia who, as I recall (a) never said a word, and (b) never broke a sweat. Then there was the caddy at the Royal Fez golf club in Morocco who, after witnessing a gallery of wormburners, wiffs and whatnot could find it in himself to murmur, "That one wasn't so bad, Sir."

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2011 12:17 PM

LOve this post, my first job was also a caddy in NW Penn, golf season about 4 months max. Got the lucky draw one day and caddied for the President and founder of the Zippo lighter. Hit his ball in the lake (mid June). I took off my shoes and socks and went in and found his ball. Water temp maybe 50 degrees. We were paid 75 cents to carry a bag for 18 holes. He gave me a $2.00 tip for retrieving his ball. Stayed his caddy from the age of 11 until I graduated from high school. My first job, working for Zippo mfg, still have 5 sleeves of Zippo SDX balls from the 60's. Great memories are priceless.

• PAGES
RSS