Help › Forums

Free Club Rentals

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 15 2020 1:16 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • wayneacampbell
    64 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2015 4:34 PM

As I am working my way up to various levels ( albeit  laboriously) I have become aware that at some point better equipment will eventually become an imperative. From a marketing prospective I would think that it would be advantagous to offer   WGT customers access to the wide array of products offered in the pro shop with more regularity on a trial basis. In  the real world in terms of golf equipment you can be "fitted" for the correct equipment. Unless you can avail yourself of a free trial access you are reduced to purchasing off some other individuals testimonials on WGT. I would think it would be a win- win situation for WGT. and all prospective equipment purchasers if they were granted greater access on a try before you buy  basis.

Just My Perspective.

Wayne.

• WGTShamWow
    906 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 11:14 AM

wayneacampbell:

As I am working my way up to various levels ( albeit  laboriously) I have become aware that at some point better equipment will eventually become an imperative. From a marketing prospective I would think that it would be advantagous to offer   WGT customers access to the wide array of products offered in the pro shop with more regularity on a trial basis. In  the real world in terms of golf equipment you can be "fitted" for the correct equipment. Unless you can avail yourself of a free trial access you are reduced to purchasing off some other individuals testimonials on WGT. I would think it would be a win- win situation for WGT. and all prospective equipment purchasers if they were granted greater access on a try before you buy  basis.

Just My Perspective.

Wayne.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the post and suggestion. We do offer a free 2 hour rental when you move up in level as well as paid rentals on most equipment in the Pro Shop. 

All the Best,
    WGTShamwow 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 1:41 PM

Having in mind the regular "free rental weekends" in the past, this statement

WGTShamWow:
    We do offer a free 2 hour rental when you move up in level as well as paid rentals on most equipment in the Pro Shop. 

seems to indicate that these are past perfect now and that you rely on the power of the moment of levelling up.

Sadly, it excludes all the equipment released on levels that we have passed before - another loss of customer care IMHO.

(and I do not forget the 10% discount offered after payed rentals)

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 7:15 PM

i noticed after the "2 hour free rental " you are still offered 10% off the price of the  piece of equipment you were trying out after leveling up, which is nice, that saved me 400 cr for balls..

• LuxMoto
    324 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2015 4:57 AM

I agree that it might be a better Idea to have a free rent weekend every 3 or 4 months. I want to buy new clubs (almost all of them), but I am not gonna spend a lot of money without trying the clubs first. So if I can't try, I won't buy. Saying wgt offers you to rent the clubs for money is not a good marketing strategy because the rent price is insanely high. If you want to choose between two iron-sets, you have to rent them both, and you not get that money reducted if you buy one set. 

I believe you will sell more if you do more free-rental weekends (or days). This costumer is willing to spend dollars, but not  'in's blue hinein'.

Lux

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2015 5:14 AM

Is the M2 Nike putter the one that is the L101?

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2015 5:43 AM

mathia14:

Is the M2 Nike putter the one that is the L101?

are u dim or what, 2 clicks in the Pro shop will tell u that both Nike putters, the ones called M1 & M2, which have different increments were introduced at level 101. The level has now been reduced for a limited time, to level 96.

That means if u are level 95 or lower u cannot buy or rent them.

• FuzzyRamirez1
    16 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2015 8:19 AM

My issue is that the offer of rental equipment is lost if you don’t take advantage of it immediately. This is no good to me when I’ve just levelled up and then have to take the kids out etc. How about your rental is ‘banked’ at that point and then your two hour rental period only begins when you first begin to use it?

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2015 10:36 AM

Take the option yourself and "bank" the rental:

- rent the clubs you want,

- play anything you like until 1:55 h of the rental,

- start an 18 hole ranked(!) round on your favourite "try-out" course,
    - stop playing, (not neccessary to save),

- take the kids out etc. - as long as you like,

- return to continue the game and the club testing until the end of the round.
    (tournaments are limited to their deadline)

• TaylorIan0
    7 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2015 1:44 PM

You are right its time for change as respect to club rentals.You don't get long enough to try out at the moment its just one club in your bag and how many time will you use it.Obviously a driver or putter would get plenty of usage.But if you do well you could be able to extend the rental period or add an incentive yourselves to make it interesting.Players should be able to know and feel what is like to reach a par 5 in 2 shots.Just so they know they can with this club they have hired.

• PAGES
RSS