Forums

Help › Forums

WGT - PGA Championship @ Kiawah Island and Bethpage Black

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 22 2009 9:01 PM (45 replies)
  • brandi35
    295 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 8:17 AM

I got the error also, I shot a 72 and I also went from Pro to Master yesterday.  Just in case you needed to know.

Brandi35

• bigchipshi
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 6:19 PM

k so im signed up but, how and when are we doing this?  do i just play and post my own score?

sorry, but im confused

• CameronHarris94
    9 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 8:08 PM

Hi play wk 31 weekly compition. then enter your score.

• bbeards4
    189 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 9:00 PM

Hi... Im totally confused????  Where is the next tournament???  Its already 9pm (PST) and I have been waiting for the tournament to show up so that I can play round 2... but its no where to be found.  Am I just supposed to play a "ranked" round?  HELP!

Thanks...

CLINT (bbeards4)

• lilmike24
    185 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2009 3:27 AM

It'll show up Sunday,which is today at about midnight. But thats western time.

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2009 5:30 AM

This tournament started out as being kind of interesting with a different format of 4 18-Hole rounds, and that's the main reason why I entered.  Some where a long the time line it was changed in to what it is now being 4 weekly tourney rounds.  The reason given - to avoid people cheating !! Since submitting my score last week I found that  I've completely lost interest in this tournament.  I feel that I should share with everyone here why I feel that way, so here it is:

• Where is the excitement of playing in a tournament when you actually don't get to play ?!  You just simply take another competitive round in a different tournament (weekly 18-hole) and submitted to the organiser and you're done ! wow I just can't wait to play my 2nd round ! 
    • Community tournament is a place where you'll have the chance to meet other players and also to make new friend.  In this tournament you just play your own round, at your own time, and you click on a link to submit your own score.  Up to this point I have NOT had the chance to meet anyone, chat with a person i have never met before, or play a round with anyone ! In fact if I were to dissapear right after I post this note, i don't really think anyone would notice really ! Once the deadline for submitting the 2nd round score is expired, i would simply be disqualified for not entering a score, so no need for me to hang around here any more really !
    • Normally a golf tournament would take about 1 week to be completed, there are very few exceptions to this rule.  This tourney's is due to finish in 4 weeks from the start !! I would like to think that I am fairly patient when it comes to anything golf related, but seriously I don't think I will last the distance here ! Especially when all I have to look forward to is someone adding up my scores and tell me how I finished in this tournament ! After that I'd post a thankyou note to the organiser, congratz the winner and the players who have done well and say see you next time ! Am I suppose to walk way then thinking what a great tournament that was, a real experience to remember by in my WGT career !!

I think that by now those of you who is reading this post have got the points I am trying to get across, therefore I won't go on any further and waste your valuable time.  Basically I am just trying to inform the organizer here that I would like to withdrawl from this tournament effective immediately.  I would like to apologize to CameronHarris94 for any inconvenience caused, and also thankyou for taking the time and effort to organize this tournament for everyone. And finally to all the participants in this tourney, I wish you all the best and hope that you'll have an enjoyable time.  Take care everyone, see you on the course sometimes.  

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2009 11:42 AM

damn, im late!! o well

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Mon, Aug 3 2009 12:13 AM

I got confused my self thinking it was starting in August,but it actually started in July so i too have disqulified my self,but good luck to all .

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Mon, Aug 3 2009 5:30 AM

Hi Cam,

Profound apologies for not completing my week 31 round.  Got confused - For some reason I thought I had time left ???

Please take me out of the competition.

Again - apologies.

Cheers Doug

• mark11861
    13 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2009 5:43 AM

i shot a 68 for round 2....... mark 11861 pro     thanks

RSS