Help › Forums

RED RUM

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 14 2015 1:23 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2015 12:06 PM

And it was. I know, I know. Simply the product of those naughty, infantile, addiction inducing lures that have earned me the whispered nickname of "Red Tee Lily". Consequently, I am not in expectation of any kudos nor "you go girl!!" sentiments. Nevertheless, I carded a 29 on Best of Par 5's, F9 (don't know how to post it) and that 29 is my lowest there. I loved it !! However, I did flub a little on the backside and settled for a 63 for the 18. I was pleased to commit Red Rum.  ~ RTL ~   ;-}

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2015 12:29 PM

Congrats Lily...."red rum"?......I defo need an American to Canuck dictionary...sigh

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2015 12:53 PM

Red Rum, 3 times winner of the Aintree Grand National.

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2015 1:13 PM

killin the red tees eh? ~SP~ , they can be loads of fun @ times..

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2015 1:33 PM

• SweetiePie made an eagle on hole #7 on WGT BEST OF PAR 5 HOLES.
    • SweetiePie made an eagle on hole #8 on WGT BEST OF PAR 5 HOLES.
    • SweetiePie made an eagle on hole #3 on WGT BEST OF PAR 5 HOLES.
    • SweetiePie made an eagle on hole #1 on WGT BEST OF PAR 5 HOLES.
    • SweetiePie made an eagle on hole #9 on WGT BEST OF PAR 5 HOLES.
    • SweetiePie made an eagle on hole #4 on WGT BEST OF PAR 5 HOLES.
    • SweetiePie made an eagle on hole #2 on WGT BEST OF PAR 5 HOLES.

7 eagles and 2 birdies for 9 holes!

That's impressive in my book Lily regardless of the red tees! 

Andy

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2015 3:43 AM

And so.

To CT - see Enigma ;-}

To Paul - That Aintree 3 timer is gorgeous horseflesh. My Pop has a beach house in Huntington that is about a mile away from Baffert's stables. I always go there and look to breathe in the beauty and grace of the thoroughbred treasures in his care. A sight to behold - but, see Enigma ;-}

To Andy - Thank you love ! Kind words ;-}

To Enigma - You totally nailed it ;-}

~ SP ~

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2015 5:37 AM

Not a horse racing fan here even though I was surrounded by it as a kid.  Not real sure why it never grabbed me but it never.  I also immediately thought of that horse as it's the one race that stops the nation each year - way i see it anyway as a non racing fan.  Still a small boy but the 1973 race I remember almost as if yesterday, and that turned out to be the start on an amazing record.

And SP 29 is very nice.  Few things firing well for you there.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2015 6:43 AM

SweetiePie:
    To Paul - That Aintree 3 timer is gorgeous horseflesh. A sight to behold - but, see Enigma ;-}

C'mon now Lily, you don't seriously think that I didn't get the Stephen King link do you?

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2015 8:40 AM

PaulTon:

SweetiePie:
    To Paul - That Aintree 3 timer is gorgeous horseflesh. A sight to behold - but, see Enigma ;-}

C'mon now Lily, you don't seriously think that I didn't get the Stephen King link do you?

Actually Paul, no. For you to miss that link would indicate your first baby-steps into the wonderful world of alsheimers or however it is spelled...I can't remember...

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2015 9:00 AM

SweetiePie:
    . For you to miss that link would indicate your first baby-steps into the wonderful world of alsheimers

That's a whole other kettle of ball game! LOL

• PAGES
RSS