Forums

Help › Forums

Country Club Clash #9 10/9-10/10

Fri, Jul 30 2021 3:37 AM (47 replies)
  • alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2015 1:48 AM

alanti:
    Sham, as these CC Clash events are so popular, can you tell me where to find the full results of all 8 previous clashes? Even the top 100 for each clash would suffice.

Nitpickingly, there were only 7 events before this ;)

The results of #8 have been available until this one started, and for the first 4? 5? they have been published in the Forum and/or News.

Good luck for your analysis!

(Edit: I may not be precise but honest at least)

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2015 1:57 AM

WGTShamWow:
    Its that time again! We will be having another CC Clash starting tomorrow 10/9/15 @ 12:00 AM Pacific that will run until 10/10/15 @ 11:59 PM Pacific.Same rules apply as before and hope to see everyone participate! 

Wonder why it started Friday and not Saturday as before(?)

This time, we get beer stone tees with a pewter lid - a reminescence to Octoberfest? Be informed that it finished last Sunday already...

And, how does this display fit to the protection of minors?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2015 2:02 AM

alosso:
    Nitpickingly, there were only 7 events before this ;)

LOL Paul....I would not expect less of you :)) German precision is what we all yearn for!

So, and not being a mathematician......if this is #9.....and we have only had 7 previously.....what happened to #8?

This is a very lucky number in Chinese (Ba)......and whilst I missed playing from #2 to #7...as this is also my lucky number, I would have entered and probably won the entire clash without playing a round and become the proud owner of a shiny glinting putter that works no better than my current putter.

So is this WGT embellishing the numbers of both the clashes and the putter?

Next someone will tell me the numbers of satisfied clash customers who are writing in is also an exaggeration!

So can I Sham tell me where (via links) where the previous results are or at least the top 100 CC's are, from the previous events.

alosso:
    This time, we get beer stone tees with a pewter lid - a reminescence to Octoberfest? Be informed that it finished last Sunday already...

LMAO fashionably late for the party? Nothing left but hey, was nearly there and nearly did that.

In my younger days, I did the Octoberfest once as many Aussies do. Probably was fun............I can't remember lol.

Was OK if you like crowds and drunks.....I would prefer a a quieter civilized drink in many of the great Bavarian beer gardens. I have some very good friends from Munich....they leave for the festival lol....go figure

• PTrenter
    435 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2015 2:10 AM

I'm assuming there is no change to the completely unfair format of previous clashes?

Once you've finished patting yourselves on your backs for starting another boost to the WGT XMas Party fund, maybe try taking into account not all CCs have 250 members.

I'm sure I'm not the Only CC owner advising members not to waste creds buying additional passes.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2015 2:51 AM

alanti:
    German precision is what we all yearn for!

So, and not being a mathematician......if this is #9.....and we have only had 7 previously.....what happened to #8?

Continue to yearn for precision - there have been eight indeed :(

I 4 1 yearn for German honesty - it's incredible how a world-renowned company or (only) their employees may have hoped to get away with such fraudulent actions. The consequences are not only in the products but also in car taxes and - in Germany - in permissions to enter certain city centers. And they are telling us to wait with the call-back until next autumn!

alanti:
    LMAO fashionably late for the party?

Yep - Oktoberfest ends on the first Sunday of October!

This time, I heard an innkeeper of one of the big tents grieve about all the bad manners displayed each night due to binge drinking. Alas, he's the one cashing in, and similar talk has been around when I was there for the last time, 15 years ago.

I, too, prefer beer gardens and beer cellars (rural pubs next to cellars and caves where they used to keep the beer cool before industrial cooling became popular). German Gemutlichkeit is there, not on the Theresienwiese (Oktoberfest location).

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2015 3:57 AM

PTrenter:
    Once you've finished patting yourselves on your backs for starting another boost to the WGT XMas Party fund, maybe try taking into account not all CCs have 250 members.

I can only presume that the teams in one clash are based on the TOTAL amount of members in a club and not how many are actually playing.

Icon knows this and has put it on his list to change....   As we all travel through the endless time of CC points and get promoted to whatever level...  Certain Levels we reach have an automatic upgrade to the Total amount of members we have.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2015 4:37 AM

WGTShamWow:

Hey All,

Its that time again! We will be having another CC Clash starting tomorrow 10/9/15 @ 12:00 AM Pacific that will run until 10/10/15 @ 11:59 PM Pacific.Same rules apply as before and hope to see everyone participate! 

Each Clash will run for 4 Hrs and there will be bonuses for lowest round in that Clash, so try to shoot low! Prizes for winning this event will be CC passes and this will apply to the top 250 Clubs and as always, Grand Prize will be the MAX CC Putter  given to the Club that comes in First. The CC owner will get to decide who receives the putter. More information the Clash can be found here.

All the Best,
    WGTShamWow 

Where did you see in any sport tourney that the second and the tirth will win a handshake, a slap on the back or a plastic keychain ?

Second in tennis, golf and other individuals sports win at least half that the winner get.  

• cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2015 4:45 AM

Although I've never been a fan or participated in this farce, I must admit there are some who really enjoy this format, although why is beyond me.   As long as there's participation and WGT's cash register continues to ring, they will continue to roll these out.

Get used to them everyone, and remember one thing.  No one is twisting your arm to play in these comps so complaining about them is a waste of time when you could be otherwise happily attempting to complete an A/S game without any disconnections or snafus.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2015 4:54 AM

cdefghi:
    I must admit there are some who really enjoy this format

It's really not a bad idea. The only problem is that 95% (just a guess) cannot win the Golden Child.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2015 5:00 AM

CC clash look as a good idea.

Except the ridiculous event reward ... use CC passes to win CC passes, How to say ...

Anyway only some CC can compete for the win, because it need organisation, very goods players and some cash for buy CC passes, i dont believe that one CC has already win with only the 4 hours CC free passes. The golden putter has 100 000 credits of value (sail price) to win it you need invest some thousand in CC passes and that only a few CC can do it.

RSS