Forums

Help › Forums

Tier Saturation Changes

Fri, Oct 9 2020 6:38 PM (38 replies)
  • alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2015 9:44 PM

ColumbusStorm:
    If you were saturated with 500 rr, then WGT took the worst 200 scores of those 500 best rr scores and used them to calculate your new scoring average once you completed a rr after the update.

Thanks CS......this makes sense hence the reset figure and the fact it never went higher despite some score over the initial reset average.....BUT in my case I had a few scores of around 110, or 40 over par for 18 holes included in those 200. Therefore I would have expected at least three quite big drops but have never seen more than .02.

Not an issue at all as averages mean little, it is a pity that with the changes WGT did not really think the revamp through in detail.......but no surprise there.

• axstrat
    415 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2015 11:14 PM

Pardon my denseness  but I have a question  About the saturation.

I moved up to legend way back but took a time out in play for about a year +  

Im not one that cares too much about average either , >but is saturation the point where scores dont go up but go down  (depending on play of course) ?

Im not sure how many rr I have as a legend since I started playing again my score record was wiped clean.. But I have around 100 or so rr now since starting again and average is at around 75-76   (yea I know..if I didnt have to putt I'd be great  hehehe)  

If i have a bad round  my score will go up still , and good rounds it will drop.

Is there at some point where a bad game doesn't kill my average then?

thx

Greg

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2015 11:29 PM

axstrat:
    Im not one that cares too much about average either , >but is saturation the point where scores dont go up but go down  (depending on play of course) ?

Yep, that's correct.   If your Average has stopped going up, then you are saturated and will get promoted when you get to the required Average, I think that will be 61 for TL

I hate that word Saturation,  it sounds soooo  not golf ...lol

-Roger

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2015 11:32 PM

axstrat:

Pardon my denseness  but I have a question  About the saturation.

I moved up to legend way back but took a time out in play for about a year +  

Im not sure how many rr I have as a legend since I started playing again my score record was wiped clean.. But I have around 100 or so rr now since starting again and average is at around 75-76   (yea I know..if I didnt have to putt I'd be great  hehehe)  

If i have a bad round  my score will go up still , and good rounds it will drop.

Is there at some point where a bad game doesn't kill my average then?

thx

Greg

if you just move up to legend the saturation point is 500 stroke games (500 more that you had when become legend), once played your average cant go up.

• axstrat
    415 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2015 12:16 AM

ok  thx    like i say  nort sure overall for rr I have all together as a legend (originally) but coming back online after the swipe  thinking I might of had to start over   any hoos Thank You all

Greg

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2015 12:18 AM

mantis0014:
    will get promoted when you get to the required Average, I think that will be 61 for TL

Nitpickingly, it's 60.000 for TL (61.00 for L), and ranked Par3 and Par5 rounds are not counted in.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2015 1:12 AM

alosso:

mantis0014:
    will get promoted when you get to the required Average, I think that will be 61 for TL

Nitpickingly, it's 60.000 for TL (61.00 for L), and ranked Par3 and Par5 rounds are not counted in.

Thx for the correction, it's been awhile since I was there...lol

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2015 10:46 AM

Greg:

There is a way to determine your number of ranked rounds you have played as Legend if you want to.  Send a Friend Request and I can tell you about it.

EE

• EricJeter
    361 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2015 4:48 PM

alosso:

EricJeter:

• When you have played at least 100  ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 60 you go from Legend  to Tour Legend*
    • When you have played at least 200 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 57? you go from Tour Legend to Champion
    • When you have played at least 500 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 55/56? you go from Champion to Tour Champion

Excuse me, these three are too vague and disputable to be presented in  the same form than the well-known "secrets" of average / level. Also, there are some deviations to the "knowledge" which I have.

1) L => TL: no new numbers have been put on the table by anyone. In my understanding, 500 rounds stand until other news.

2) TL => C: TLs with 58+ have become C, so 59.000 is the prospective number. It's also logical in the 61 / 60 / ?? sequence.

3) C => TC: not a question of average etc. WGT told us that TC is by personal invitation only.

I wasn't trying to offend you when making the original post, sorry if you took it that way.  I was also not aware until this thread that TC was invite only.  I don't check these forums as often as I should.

In regards to Legend saturation remaining at 500 rounds that doesn't make any sense to me.  Why would 500 be needed to reach TL while only 200 are needed to reach the higher Champion tier?  It made sense to be 500 when TL was the top of the mountain but that is no longer the case.  No way to know for sure until a new Legend decides to keep track of his/her round count and then posts about it, but my post does maintain a more logical order of advancement... TM -> L (50) L -> TL (100) TL -> C (200) etc etc etc

I should know the Champion average # within the next day or 2, as I have plummeted from about a 60.00 average (my true average) to a 59.08 in less than 48 hours.  If it's 59 I should hit it within a few more rounds, if 58 then maybe a few more days.  However I am 100% positive that the saturation number to go from TL -> C is definitely 200.

• EricJeter
    361 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2015 8:47 PM

Ok its definitely 59....and 200 rounds for Champ

RSS