Help › Forums

british open

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 19 2009 7:44 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • rog52
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 3:09 PM

Go Tom Watson. He has all the tools to win, and thats his brains.Hes the toughest guy out there and still has a hell of a lot of game.GO GET EM TOMMY.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 3:28 PM

This paragraph alone has me wanting to stay up all night to get the live feed...

"Tiger Woods has missed the cut for only the second time in a major after a dismal day at the British Open. Tom Watson is tied for the lead with Steve Marino."

Having Tom Watson pull this one out.. at his age... on that course with all of it's history.. .would be goose-flesh'ly amazing.

I agree.. go Tom.. go.  Godspeed and good luck!

*edit... I found this article about the British Open.  Once the author pulls his head out of Tigers Jockstrap, there is a lot of information on the leaders...

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2009 1:24 AM

Hi Guys,

Yeh this looks like its gonna be another great Open. Unfortunately the Australian free TV coverage is 0 % that means Zero. Highlights on the news :-(   I am really pi_ _ed off big time !!  Looks like The Ashes takes priority in the UK ??

Tiger looks like he's had one of those rare off days. He is allowed to - because he is HUMAN :-)

Watson winning - now that would be something. Can he go the distance guys ??? Greg Norman almost did last year in one of the great unheralded Open performances of all time, in very trying conditions. We'll see.

Whoever wins will deserve it thats for sure!! Thats golf eh ? If you win you do deserve to - no butts about it. Thats the great game it is.

Cheers Doug

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2009 7:01 PM

Leader after 54 holes..  -4 for the tourney.

Jeez Louise, wouldn't it be something if he won the Open Championship at age 59... 

Godspeed and good luck, Mr. Watson.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2009 7:06 PM

No doubt!

Definitely rooting for Tom, he was my fav as a kid.

• clfg
    3 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2009 8:38 PM

The Ashes dont take priority Doug, the open is live 12hrs a day.

Try bbc ipod for replay and live coverage.

Craig

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2009 1:59 AM

Hi clfg

Thanks for that, only I dont have an ipod. Got a Sony Walkman !!

All I was saying was that the free to air TV coverage in Australia are taking the Ashes - and are not taking any coverage of the golf. None of the free to air TV channels over here are taking the golf. Very sad :-(

Thanks anyway.

Cheers Doug

• arcenia
    8 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2009 6:16 AM

Im pretty sure Tom will fold just like his old glory days fellow competeror Nick Faldo. I'm about 86.374% that Tom will not win; I'm rooting for him, but I dont really see it happening. Im gonna say Retief walks away with the victor.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2009 6:50 AM

Fold?  With 5 Open Championships under his belt already?  With other Major wins there at Turnberry?

Oh please.

Tom Watson may not win, but if he doesn't I will guarantee it's not because he 'folded'.  He may get beat by someone else having a spectacular round but it won't be because he beat himself, like Marino on Day 3.

It's his course, his style, his time....  Oh, and he's not nervous.  0.0% chance of 'folding' IMHO.

The only question is can he hold the pack at bay while he shoots his best.

• arcenia
    8 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2009 7:01 AM

Yep you read correctly....FOLD. Fisher is playing strong and Tom can see/feel that. Can you imagine the pressure. The guy has everyone rooting for him as the "underdog". Anyone 30 and over wants him to win regardless of whether or not they have ever admired the man. The man has a heavy burden to carry....and not the youngest mind/swing to do it, but we'll see. I hope your right.

• PAGES
RSS