Forums

Help › Forums

INVISIBLE FLAG STICK

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 29 2015 10:45 AM (6 replies)
  • pdb1
    23,227 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2015 4:57 PM

There is a glitch that I and others have reported . That on certain ( many ) shots , the flag stick is invisible ( hidden from view ) . Making it so you don't even know where the hole is . Therefore if you move the marker and do not remember where it started from . You could end up 50 or 100 yds. away from the hole . Seriously . 
      My replay shows a shot in a stroke round . As I watched the ball travel , I didn't have any idea where the hole was . Then the ball stopped and bounced back a couple of inches . Then I saw the " HIT THE FLAG STICK " . I knew then what had happened . 
      When I reviewed the replay the flag stick was visible . The closest views to what I saw during the actual shot are cameras 4 & 5 . ( btw now camera 5 gives me the white screen ).

Is this happening to many of you or any of you also ?

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=3a2a6b9c-7b10-4cbf-a3e1-a510000e2d86

Again . In the replay the flag stick is visible . In the actual shot . it was not .

• JLeary1
    416 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 7:38 AM

Yes I get the invisible flag(s) from time to time.. seems to happen mostly on Merion for me.. what I do know also is that when it happens to me, it is happening to others at the same time, which indicates it is not a problem with my browser / flash version / hardware geometry..

One time in a skins game everyone confirmed at the same time when the flag had disappeared.. if it were just a machine / browser / hardware fault, then we wouldn't all be seeing no flag from different parts of the world at the same time..

• pdb1
    23,227 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2015 6:04 PM

members@worldgolftour.com via zendesk.com 

9:16 AM (8 hours ago)
    to pdb1
    ##- Please type your reply above this line -##

To pdb1

Support (WGT)

Sep 15, 9:16 AM

Dear Paul,

The flagstick issue is a known issue and seems to occur only with Country Club flags. We are working to correct the issue, however, I would suggest not using the custom flags for the time being. Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

WGT Member Services

• cardkleener
    36 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2015 9:52 PM

Same problem here Paul. Cannot see stick making it impossible for me to finish tourny's.

• pdb1
    23,227 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2015 10:31 AM
     VOTSCC CC member:

Ok Guys here is what I did. I set up a tourny . "NOSEEUM" I changed flag from default to American football. I played one hole and low and behold the flag was there!!!

So when you are setting up a tourny keep that in mind. I will go back to Maxthon and try it again.

• pdb1
    23,227 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2015 10:34 AM

VOTSCC CC member:
    I changed flag from default to American football

That is interesting , member , the fix I read was the exact opposite . I will try that 

• pdb1
    23,227 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2015 10:45 AM

JLeary1:
    One time in a skins game everyone confirmed at the same time when the flag had disappeared.

This would suggest that it is not isolated to CC tourneys 

VOTSCC CC member:

I have tried Maxthon, google chrome. comodo dragon ice, O something. There are  no flags in any of them . So now what?

And this , that it is not just a Maxthon issue .

RSS