Forums

Help › Forums

what is happening?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 24 2011 9:09 AM (115 replies)
  • JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 1:36 AM

Proves my point really, humanity is doomed.

Like cavemen, monkeys with cars.

The secret is "Bang the rocks together!"

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 1:50 AM

CharlemagneRH:

tiffer67:
    You Yanks are off your heads when it comes to guns. I have never in my life feared being shot, maybe because every person you meet in the street doesn't own a gun. Then again maybe we're the stupid ones.....

Do you fear being stabbed to death by people in the street?

No.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 3:27 AM

tiffer67:

CharlemagneRH:

tiffer67:
    You Yanks are off your heads when it comes to guns. I have never in my life feared being shot, maybe because every person you meet in the street doesn't own a gun. Then again maybe we're the stupid ones.....

No.

And yet everyone on the street is fully capable of purchasing a knife!

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 4:41 AM

The UK still Manages to be a backwards sh*thole However........

Well put......

Well put for a Redneck

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 5:01 AM

CharlemagneRH:
    A little tip, Bilko: When you try to get someone to shut up with the "that's off-topic" argument, you ought to stay on-topic yourself at least in the thread where you've demanded people stay on-topic (, which you've defined as being saying prayers for the lady.)  Not very smooth, Bilko.

Your mom wants you to take out the garbage son, put down your play station controller for a few hours and get some sunshine. LOL 

If you read that in my post then you obviously ignored the thread went there without me. Nice try though...

ROFLMAO!

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 5:49 AM

luckysump:

The UK still Manages to be a backwards sh*thole However........

Well put......

Well put for a Redneck

A redneck with a 140 IQ and three college degrees... lol. ;)

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 5:56 AM

CharlemagneRH:

tiffer67:

CharlemagneRH:

tiffer67:

No.

Well I'd rather have people walking round with knives than idiots with guns

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 6:24 AM

andypat:
    Well I'd rather have people walking round with knives than idiots with guns

That might be your (subjective) opinion, but a whackjob with a knife or sword-like blade (machete, etc.) could kill people instantly.  With a knife, they'd just have to sneak up behind you... or with a machete, they could even approach you from the front and just whack you with it once.  You'd be in such great pain and so severely injured that you could no longer defend yourself from two or three more whacks, which would be fatal.

The point, of course, is that the fear of guns is mostly unreasonable.  A blade is almost as dangerous, but few people even think twice about banning knives.

• Iceats
    346 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 6:33 AM

What an interesting thread - Politics, gun control, country bashing, and others.

Some interesting info:  Guns are legal and in some cases illegal in the US.

Guns are legal and in some cases illegal in the UK.

Left and Right wing politics is just that.

The US and UK have been allies for a long time.  The UK drives on the left side of the street and we drive on the right side.  Gun laws are different in UK than US.  So what ?

The reaction of a lot of people when these types of events occur is to accuse and make accusations about this or about that.  Usually without any evidence or intimate knowledge of the situation.  That's what's scary.

Attacking this country or that country does little good for anyone, we are all different.

Thinking and praying for the victims of this very sad incident is what I will be doing.

Ice

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 7:14 AM

CharlemagneRH:

Indeed, although I would doubt the percentage of those in the UK that purchase a knife for protection goes close to that of those in the US that buy a gun for the same.

The UK has it's own problems but the day people feel the need to own a gun for their family's protection, is the day I go elsewhere to live.

RSS