Forums

Help › Forums

Tied for 1st place?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 25 2009 11:19 PM (7 replies)
  • imcoola
    228 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2009 7:19 AM

I shot a 34 in the July BB Back nine open(same score as the leader). In the leaderboard I'm ranked for the 2nd place but the site tells me my position is the 1st place. If this leaderboard would stay like this, what would I get? A full G10 set or the G10 driver?

regards,

imcoola

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2009 9:03 AM

In the event of a tie, the better scoring entrant between or among the tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final six (6) holes of the Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final three (3) holes for such Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest score for the 18th hole in such Game, and any remaining ties will be determined by identifying the lowest scoring entrant for each individual game hole, in sequence from 17th through to 10th, as is necessary to determine a winner and, if any ties remain at that point, the earlier-submitted entry between or among the tied entries will be deemed the better scoring entry.

It states in the prizes section for the Master tier that only 1 of each of the three prizes will be given away. If prizes were awarded at this moment, you would get nothing. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Good Luck

• DeuceDragon
    16 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2009 9:25 AM

Seems i am faced with a similar problem, in the Pro Tier July WGT open i shot 65 and sat on 1st place by 2 shots but now someone has come along and shot 65 and has taken 1st while i have been bumped to 2nd, so by this reasoning and since i believe there is only 1 of each trophy if 2 more people came along and shot 65 with a better final 6 than me it would be tough luck? u have scored the winning score but we aint gonna give u a damn thing.........this seems  to me  to be a flawed system. in my case i think it will be immaterial since with new tees and clubs i think that @63/4 will be the winning score but my point is still valid

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2009 10:33 AM

The tiebreaker model is based on the same system that the USGA uses. 

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2009 10:35 AM

wtf? If it stays like this I would have the score of the winner but wouldn't win anything? He wouldn't be any better this tourney than me but would win a full club set and I wouldn't win anything...that's REALLY frustrating. This system must get changed.

regards imcoola

• thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2009 11:02 AM

Nivlac, posted correctly.  USGA rules do have tiebreakers based on your play over the last holes played.  Additionally, we have had tournaments when I played professionally where the course was no longer playable and the last six holes were used to determine the winner. 

• DeuceDragon
    16 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2009 12:08 PM

i don't disagree with the fact that this system is used on the USPGA, however the only usual reason for it coming into play there is as thunder says where the trny cannot be finished and there are 2 or more people in 1st usually a playoff decides ties.

the case here is slightly differant in that since there is only 1 round, ideally i would love to have a tie break round to decide tied trny but since that might not be viable in the kinds of trnys we are talking about i think that ties should be left as is, as ties. So long as the winning scores are the same there should be no reason why my 65 is better than another persons or his/hers is better than mine.

The USPGAs system is 1 that is used to find a winner in the rare cases that a trny cannot be finihsed, i think that WTG should use a differant system as. all single play trnys are 1 round therefore there is a high probability that there will be a large volume of ties therein some system should be thought up and instituted to handle a trny system that will involve alot of ties or just let them be ties.

• JALAII
    42 Posts
    Sat, Jul 25 2009 11:19 PM

If you are only offering 3 prizes in a tourney, they have to choose the 3 winners somehow.  How hard is that to figure out! They aren't going to hand out 10 sets of clubs if there is 10 people tied at a certain score. You can't playoff so they chose to use that system. Is it perfect? No, but those are the rules, whether anyone agrees with it or not.

RSS