One for the number crunchers

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 10 2015 2:45 PM (150 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 5:10 PM

pdb1:

MBaggese:
     I showed you that a 250 member CC that has an A C T I V E 250 members, spends no more cash/credits/etc than 5-( F I V E) CC with 50 (F I F T Y) Active ( A C T I V E) members with in them.

What does that have to do with anything I am talking about ? I suppose you know what I am talking about better than I . Lol .

See the answer above based on your original post.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 5:44 PM

The original question was...

pdb1:
    Had ever or would ever calculate a modern figure that would represent just how much it costs the members these days for a fully active , hard core , serious , sky's the limit , deep pocketed 250 member CC to try and stay in the top 5 .

The answer is: A 250 member CC who's members all play every day and use their free CC pass to play one hole and get their CDP bonus needs to spend ZERO credits and ZERO dollars to stay in the top 5. 

I can get close to 900 XPs for playing one Par 3 hole for a CDP bonus, I just got 897 tonite.  If all 250 members did that and used the free pass that's 225,000 XPS for the CC each day.  And that oughta put it in the Top 5.
    (And one can use the free ball or a free sponsor ball for the one hole, no cost there)

As Baggs pointed out, members of the Top 5 CCs play everyday so all they need is the discipline to use their free CC pass for the CDP bonus.

And if 11% of them buy passes it doesn't mean it was out-of-pocket $$, many earn credits watching videos or taking surveys.

But if does mean buying credits using a credit card, so what!  I don't begrudge WGT revenue.  They need it to keep the site, which I enjoy, open.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 10:51 PM

+1

andyson:
    And if 11% of them buy passes it doesn't mean it was out-of-pocket $, many earn credits watching videos or taking surveys.

I beg to differ: These people are spending a lot of precious time of their lives to get too little credits - no reason to say that these "free" ones are worth less than others.

Those who actually pay for the CC passes should care, too, and even the top earners pulverize their credits and those they earned from other players "for nothing" and for the company's benefit - would be less in that sense if they'd gift it for other players' equipment.

Me neither begrudges company revenue in general, but I'll never accept the whole system connected to CC passes (with the Golden Calf on top) - it's like a luxury tax with too small a counter value, or a fee obtained from emotions and from good vibes in the community.

And meanwhile the game goes south.

*shudders*

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2015 5:12 AM

pdb1:

YankeeJim:

pdb1:
      I am 56 years young BTW .

Oy! Had that one all wrong.

Oh ? Lol . What was your guess ?

Please say 21 ,   22   Lol.

Ya, I had it at maybe a twenty-something or late teen. Turns out you're trying to emulate their collective, combative, in your face know it all attitude and you're 30 years late. LOL. Now I see what's going on.

Carry on, Andyson's wiping the floor with whatever you're trying to say.  :-)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2015 9:25 AM

pdb1:
    Bull . Do you honestly believe that ? Wow . 

I knew you'd like it!   Sooo predictable....

pdb1:
    I fully dispute that 11 % . Not a current figure . Realistically more like 60 to 70 % purchase passes

Easy Ed did the work.  Get your lazy butt outta the forums and do some work yourself to show the 60 to 70%

pdb1:
    Lol . That is such crap . That wouldn't even get you in the top 500 . That is a fact .

Nope, that is an opinion.  Do the work.

Back in November you wrote:

pdb1:
    We never worry about passes or CC or XP points .

Yeah, we believe ya!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2015 8:25 PM

pdb1:
    See that  we have no interest in XP's . 

Yet you seem to promote it?.....

VOTSCC "KICK ASS" 100,000 POINT CLUB MEMBERS

• TOPICS
      REPLIES
      VIEWS
      LAST POSTS
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2015 9:39 PM

pdb1:
    we have no interest in XP's . 

from a recent post on a members wall by pdb...

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2015 12:59 AM

First off, let me start by telling Mike - Eff Ya!  

MBaggese:
    Yet you seem to promote it?.....

VOTSCC has an entire section of their 'eye-straining' website dedicated to explaining WHY CC XP points are important under the heading,  What every Member Needs to Know About CC XP Points; borrowed, I might add, from The Old Duffers Retreat.

just sayin'...

Let me reiterate, Mike..in case you missed it...Eff Ya !

Oh yeah - I need to be cool, so - Ha Ha Ha

PMSL !

RSS